Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Extended well-child and well teen physicals

Boy, NAorth America, 9yo, Strange upper body exam at school

Posted by Aquila on 2018-05-18 11:06:57

Boy, North America, 9yo, Strange upper body exam at school

I am male. It happened in North America. Before 1970. 9 years old, at school. Exam announced by a flyer My parents drove me to the exam at the regular nurses or medical room at the school. All children in my school of the age group had the exam.

ARRANGEMENT

I mostly only had my underwear on the time I stayed awake. They placed me upon a simple examination table. I was placed to lay on my back with steight legs. I got a device on a finger or a toe to measure pulse and oxygen in my blood. I got a blood pressure monitor wrapped around an arm or a leg. I was not put to sleep, but I got something to swallow that might contain relaxing stuff.

WHAT HEPPENED DURING THE EXAM

They performed an analysis of my breathing and oxygen uptake where I had to breath into a tube. They examined my shoulder area with an ultrasound device or something similar. They ispected the inside of my nose with a scope.

ARRANGEMENTS AFTER THE EXAM

I had my underwear on after the exam. This was in school. Simply went back to class after getting dressed.

THE SCHOOL I ATTENDED

I attended ordinary daytime school.

COMMENTS

This seems to be an examintion of the breathing capacity and blood flow in the upper body. Probably the heart activity was also examined, and there might also have been examinations at the lower body, but that the handlings for that exam is not remenbered. The stuff he swallowed was probably some kind of anesthesia that made it difficult to remember, even though he was not put to sleep. Probably this community had the policy of doing this extended exam on every kid at that age.

Edited by Knut Holt

http://www.abicana.com/health_information.htm