Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Extended well-child and well teen physicals

Boy, 12yo, intimate prepuberty check in classroom of montessori school

Posted by Aquila on 2019-05-26 10:24:24

Boy, 12yo, intimate prepuberty check in classroom of montessori school

I am male. It happened in North America during 1970-1979 when I wa 12 years old. Just One day in school they said we were getting older and needed to have a special examination related to puberty. Other ways of getting to the exam. In the kindergarten. It happened all children of the age group in my community. It just happened in the middle of the classroom, a nurse came in to do the examination.

It was in a special school in California near San Francisco. Our whole class was examined together. I didn't expect this but they said everyone our age gets it.

PREPARATIONS AND ARRANGEMENTS

I was totally naked through all the procedures. I had to strip totally naked before the exam. I was placed to lay on my back with straight legs and on my stomack with straight legs. I did not get any anesthesia.The nurse put a small padding on the table and we each got up onto it to get examined one by one. Boys and girls together had to all get completely nude right away. The teacher told us our bodies were changing into adults and it was time to look at each other and see the difference in breasts genitals etc.

THE EXAMINATION AS REMEMBERED

They ispected the inside of my nose with a scope. They inspected the inside of my throut with a scope.The doctor explored my anus with a finger.The girls had their vaginas inspected with fingers as well.

We were all instructed to watch carefully and see what we can learn. Only two girls and one boy had significant pubic hair that was shaved off to make examination easier.

The nurse also gave us each a quick rub on our genitals to see if it would stimulate us or not, and the same done to nipples. They also had us doing exercises such as running in place and jumping jacks to observe our bodies.

The last thing was the nurse collected urine samples from each of us. We peed into a cup in front of everyone.

ARRANGEMENTS AFTERWARDS

We just went right back to class as usual. Nobody told us we could get dressed again but most of us gradually did throughout the day. It was the kind of school where if you only felt like being in your underwear on a hot day that was allowed, and swimming was done nude back then so it wasn't that strange for us.

COMMENTS

Children in motessori schools have a thorrpugh examination at specific ages where also the pelvic zones get thorroughly checked. Nowadays these checks are even more intrusive that that told aboit here. Nowadays full cystoscopy, vaginoscopy, sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy and ultrasound examinations are common.

12 years is such a typical age, and also in the late preschool age, and full puberty age around 15-14.

It is also common in these scools that the children watch much of the axamination as a part of their esucation. It is perhaps not so common any longer that they are allowed to watch the most intimate part of the examination as in the 1970es. Nowadays this part of the examination is also often done under sedation or general anesthesia, and often the children therefore do not know everyhing done to then during the examination, and probably not the parents either.

Knut Holt

http://www.abicana.com/health_information.htm

I went to a Montessori school.I didn't know it was called a montessori school at the time I learned that later. I knew it was a special school.