Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Extended well-child and well teen physicals

Boy, 14yo, Western Europe, puberty and general pelvic exam arranged by school

Posted by Aquila on 2019-12-28 13:07:57

Boy, 14yo, Western Europe, puberty and general pelvic exam arranged by school

I am male. It happened in Western Europe in the period 2010-2014 when I was 14 years old. The School send a letter. We got there in a bus in group from our school. At a special medical room in the school apart from the nurse's office. It happened all children in my school of the age group. My parents got a letter from my School and I was examine with my classmates.

ARRANGEMENTS

I mostly only had my underwear on the time I stayed awake. They placed me upon a simple examination table. I was placed to lay on my back with streight legs. I was placed to lay on my stomack with streight legs. I was placed to lay on my stomach with my legs flexed down and spread. The anesthesia only took away pain. I must bend over the exam table.

EXAMINATION WITH EXTERNAL EQUIPMENT

They examined my genitals with an ultrasound device.

INTERNAL INSPECTIONS

They inspected my anus with a speculum. They took specimens from my anus with a tube. They inspected me through my anus high up with a flexible scope. The doctor explored my anus with a finger. There were a lot of pain during the rectal exam.

ARRANGEMENTS AFTER THE EXAM

I just lay some time in a bed to recover. I lay naked under a blanket after the exam. My parents drove me home.

THE SCHOOL I WENT TO

I went to Middle school

COMMENTS

It looks like a thorrough check of the genitals ,the anus, the rectum, the lower colon and the pelvic area in general was a part of the school physiocal at that age in that community. The main part of the school physical was probably in another session and was not particularay strange.

The examination through the anus was to check the anus, rectum and lower colon and to collect specimens of microbes and secretions. But it was also to check his prostate area. Possibly they also inserted an ultrasound probe into his anus to get a view of his prostate and pelvic area generally.

The many positions the boy had to get into indicate that they used his anus as an entrance to check the whole of his pelvic area, probably also his bladder by mens of an ultrasound probe.

Getting an exact picture of his pubertal status was a purpose with the exam. To get that view a prostate check through the anus is useful.

But also the anus, rectum and lower colon, and inner pelvic area by themselves were also of interest . In many societies the authorities seem to be especially concerned about the general status of the inner pelvic area of boys at that age.

Knut Holt

https://www.abicana.com/health_information.htm