Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Extended well-child and well teen physicals

Boy, 14yo, North America, tests of the urinary system due to bedwetting

Posted by Aquila on 2020-01-13 01:09:43

Boy, 14yo, North America, tests of the urinary system due to bedwetting

I am male. It happened in North America. Before 1970. 14 years old. The doctor told my mother and she told me. My parents drove me to the exam. At a regular hospital. The exam was especially for me because I was still wetting the bed at 14 years old.

PREPARATIONS

I was given a gown but was naked under the gown in the time I stayed awake. I had to strip totally naked before the exam. They placed me upon a simple examination table. I was placed to lay on my back with steight legs.

I got a tube or wire in through my urethra. I did not get any anesthesia apart from some numbing and lubricating cream injected into my urinary opening.

EXAMINATION WITH EXTERNAL EQUIPMENT

They took stomach x-ray pictures.

INTERNAL TESTS

They took specimens from my urethra with a tube. They took specimens from my bladder with a tube.

They inserted a catheter through my $%!@ into my bladder, then filled my bladder with a type of dye, then pulled out the catheter and took an x-ray while my bladder emptied itself.

The catheter insertion was quite painful. The entire procedure was very embarrassing.

ARRANGEMENTS AFTER THE EXAM

I had catheter into my bladder. No specail arrangements elsewhere. Once the exam was finished I was taken back to the room where my clothes were, and I was told to get dressed. Then I was taken back to the hospital lobby where my mother and my 2 younger sisters were waiting for me. Then my mother drove us home.

THE SCHOOL I ATTENDED

I attended ordinary daytime school. It was a quite large (about 700 students) junior high school (grades 8 9 10).

COMMENTS

The boy was subjected to a VCUG procedure or voiding-cysturethrogram. The procedure consists of filling the bladder with fluid with contrast substance with a catheter, taking initial x-ray-pictures, then taking out the catheter, then taking x-ray pictures or videos when voiding. The procedure is quite commonly done on kids with urination problems.

It looks from the answer that he also had catheter after the exam, but it may refere to the catheter used in the test. It is possible that thay inserted a catheter once more and studied the urine output from his kidneys, befor he went home.

Knut Holt

http://www.abicana.com