Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Extended well-child and well teen physicals

Girl, 14yo, extensive exams and surgical procedures for Cerebral palsy

Posted by Aquila on 2020-10-14 11:37:34

Girl, 14yo, Eastern Europe, extensive procedures to treat cerebral palsy

I am female. It happened in Eastern Europe.",,,,"Before 1970, 14 years old. I've been diagnosed with cerebral palsy.

I was treated at the Zeleznice Spa near Jicin. At the age of 14, I was sent to an achilles surgery at a hospital in Hradec Kralove..

I came there in an ambulance or special car from home. Such things happened all children with some kind of health problem. From 1960 to 1970 I was treated for about two months a year at the spa Zeleznice.

OVERVIEW OF THE TREATMENTS

We had water treatments and exercises. Every time I stayed, I had to strip naked, have vertebrae painted on my back, and have been photographed from all sides, including the details of my sex organs. I don't know what they needed it for or where the photographs ended up.

PREPARATIONS BEFORE THE SURGERY

I was not allowed to eat some time before the exam. They washed my body before the exam. I got a traditional enema before the exam to clean out my stomach. I had to strip totally naked before the exam.

I was placed to lay on my back with steight legs, with my legs flexed up, spread and mounted upon two devices, and was placed to lay on my stomach with my legs flexed down and spread.

I got IVs, tubes into blood vessels, in an arm. I got IV, tube into blood vessels, in a leg. I got a device on a finger or a toe to measure pulse and oxygen in my blood. I got a blood pressure monitor wrapped around an arm or a leg. I got electrodes on my cheast. I got electrodes on my stomach or hip region. I got electrodes on my legs. I got electrodes on my head.

I got anesthesia through tubes into my blood vessels. I was put completely to sleep.

At the hospital before the surgery, they examined my entire body, did a gynecological exam, examined my rectum, shaved my pubic hair, painted me with disinfectant and placed me on my stomach with my legs apart and my hands behind my head. Then they put me to sleep.

EXAMINATION EITH EXTERNAL DEVICES

They performed an EEC (electroencephalogram) - functional test of the brain with electrodes on the head.","They performed an ECG, functional test of the heart function, with electrodes on my chest and other body areas. They performed an analysis of my breathing and oxygen uptake where I had to breath into a tube. I had to do some physical work, like cycling or running on a threadmill when the ECG and breathing analysis was performed. They did some other type of test with advanced machines.

INTERNAL INSPECTIONS

They used a speculum in my vagina. They took specimens from my vagina with a tube. They inspected my vagina with a scope.

They inspected my anus with a speculum. They took specimens from my anus with a tube. They inspected me through my anus with a rigid scope.

The doctor explored my vagina with a finger. The doctor explored my anus with a finger. I don't remember any other examinations.

ARRANGEMENTS AFTER THE SURGERY

When I woke up, I could feel my whole stomach, lungs, kidneys. My vagina and rectum ached a lot, and I was reintroduced refrigerating ointment. They opened up my vagina and my anus a lot.

They held me inconscious for some hours. I had breathing tube. I had IVs into blood vessels. I had electrodes on my head. I had electrodes on my body. I had catheter into my bladder. I had a tube going in through my anus. I lay naked under a blanket after the exam.

After the procedure, I had catheters in my vagina and rectum. My breathing was heavy, my lungs ached. My stomach was swollen, my vagina and my rectum ached. My whole body ached, most of all my hips, breasts and shoulders.

I had puncture marks on my chest, on my stomach in joints, and a cast on both legs. The catheters removed the next day after my surgery. I had a cast on both my legs for three weeks. I had gases coming out of me for several days, a very sensitive vagina and a very painful urination.

Before I was released from the hospital after 7 days, my whole body was examined and my vagina and rectum were very open during the gynecological examination. It hurt a lot.

I attended ordinary daytime school. I went to a school for children with disabilities.

COMMENTS

Cerebal palsy can make problems for all body functions. It is therefore logical that they performed all these pelvic examinations both regularly and before surgery. The purpose of the photographies was to record body development and progression of treament, but I guess they were also used for scientific research and for teaching of medical students.

The symptoms and arrangements after the surgery tell that they also examined her urethra, bladder, vagina, anus and colon during the anesthesia for surgery. They probably also made some adjustments in these areas. Possibly they used inflatable ballons and surgical instruments to widen internal pelvic areas.

It also look like they injected depot drugs in various body parts to adjust her bodily development, and especially in her joints. Furthermore it looks like they took specimen probes from several body parts for research.