Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Violence in Media

Important poll

Posted by johnhiggins on 2015-12-01 12:48:33

As a man I think violence in movies should only be directed towards other men. Theres a worrying trend these days in which women are becoming the victims of screen violence more and more. Not only screen violence but also violent computer games (just think of the Grand Theft Auto games). I don't think women should ever be the victims of violence - in life as well as in the movies. If we show women getting hurt on television or in films that teaches our young a very bad lesson.

Personally I enjoy violent movies - especially action movies but any scene showing a woman getting hurt always turns me off - big time! Which is one of the reasons I really enjoyed movies like 300, Braveheart, Gladiator, Troy and various others. The violence in those movies was kept where it rightfully belongs - amongst males while the women were the spectators. To answer some of your questions more particularly:

Should a woman in peril be saved more than a man in peril? Answer - of course she should. No question about it. The bottom line is that men are expendable while women aren't.

In a robbery scenario should the man be held more guilty than the woman? Answer - Yes. The woman should be encouraged to plea bargain and place the entire guilt of the robbery on her male accomplice. That way the man can take the ''fall'' and the woman can walk free and get on with her life.

What type of villain is more evil? Answer - well of course the most evil b*stard is the man who targets women. They should suffer the full penalty of the Law.

Should the villains henchmen be exclusively men? Answer - probably but if women are involved in the gang they should dealt very leniently when the gang is caught.

By the way I enjoyed your poll.

Posted by helena88 on 2015-12-16 03:02:12

I filled a poll, but i want to add something. I like historical films since my 13 years (thus already 10 years), as a woman i do not care about military tactics, but i very love when lot of males fight among themselves and are dying in hundreds of thousands for the benefit of women, or because of the feminine wiles. Then i consider this as very beneficial violence which should be shown in the movies. I also love when the military leaders and their soldiers are outwitted by several women and then the large whole armies of males are completely destroyed, thus, males are dying en masse as worthless herds, without some woman suffered any harm. Although this is also violence, but I like it and I want it to be in the movie even much more often and to a greater extent, Thus, so that many other of such historical chronicles should be filmed. But on the contrary no woman should die or be seriously injured. And if a male commited violence against a woman, then should be shown in the movies, what the punishments used to be very common in the times before the 5th century, (ie before the domination of the world by the Catholic Church). Thus, for example, the male genitals (of a rapist) were slowly crushed so that he must dying in very humiliating pains. If the rapist was a soldier, so then the similar fates were also for all the other males from his cohort ( 600 males ). Subsequently all the legions in a given region could be decimated as a deterrent warning to other soldiers, if a raped woman wished to do it. Then the 600 males (tenth of the men in the legion) were executed per each legion in that region. It is worth noting that about 15 legions were per region in the Roman Empire around the year 30 before AD. Thus, for the rape of one woman then up 9600 males could be deservedly killed in these nice times, then this was also very cheerful entertainment for local women. I think this was deserved adequate punishment, given to the dispensability of men and given to the great importance of women. This punishing of males is also violence, but beneficial and therefore this is the kind of violence that on contrary should be shown in films. And this also highlights the societal superiority of women and inferiority of men and it already children should learn.

helena

Posted by johnhiggins on 2015-12-16 13:54:28

Wow! I have to admit I like your arguments Helena. Do you want to post your email for a chat?

Posted by ---x--- on 2016-01-08 00:14:39

I really appreciate both of your responses! :-) The results to this are very interesting but I truly value your chivalrous attitudes toward the subject. My Girlfriends and I feel similarly as you John.

Is there an email address I could reach you at to discuss these ideas further? If interested, reach me at anafoxgoddess@yahoo.com :-)

Best, SG