Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Barefoot at home rules

My dress code

Posted by MacyHW on 2019-04-18 18:46:15

I am 21 years old and married to my loving husband. Since we got married I must follow a strict dress code.

I have to wear skirts or dresses every day. If I don't wear a dress, the top must be "feminine" as my husband calls it, so has to approve of it before I am allowed to wear it. The skirt or dress must reach to the knee or longer. Shorter than that is not allowed except in a few exceptions when my husband decides.

I must always dress as elegant as possible. Sloppy clothing is never allowed.

Regarding footwear, I must always be barefoot inside our house. No shoes, slippers, socks, stockings or other footwear is allowed when I am at home. This also includes are yard and the rest of our property (and also our summer cottage with property). The only exception to this is if there is snow and very cold and my husband gives me permission first (inside the house I never get any permission though).

If I am going outside our property, I have some shoes I can wear. This includes sandals, high heels, ballet flats, converse, other canvas shoes, ankle boots, cut-out ankle boots and some brogue-style leather shoes. Shoes that are banned includes other types of sneakers, crocs, and certain sloppy style sandals.

Socks are never allowed, I can only wear nylon stockings, but I must always ask for permission before wearing them. When my husband decides it is warm enough, usually in March, he locks away all my stockings and keeps them locked up until November. He calls it the "stocking-free season". I am allowed to wear footless leggings though.

He expects me to mainly wear ballet flats in spring and autumn, and sandals in summer. The other shoes are also allowed if he requests me to wear them or if he gives me "free choice" that day. In July, however, I must either wear sandals or go barefoot, no other options are available that month.

When I sleep I have to wear nightgowns, although sometimes my husband likes me to sleep naked.

I was not used to wearing dresses and skirts before meeting my husband, but now it feels natural to me. It did take a while to get used to being barefoot so much and go sockless in my shoes, but my husband is always there for me. He even massages my feet and pays for my pedicures.

I don't see why some people seem so upset about dress codes? My husband loves me to dress like this for him, so I don't see what the big deal is? He is a very loving man with a big heart, and he is always kind to me. It makes him happy so why should I dress in a way he doesn't like? We have a very happy and good relationship. He is always there for me. He takes care of me if I get sick, and many times he cooks the food in this house. I found this loving husband, so of course I can sacrifice myself and dress the way he like.

Posted by Mr.Allan on 2024-03-03 00:27:21

You have a beautiful marriage, Macy! I may have some slightly different preferences for how I think a wife should dress, but what's important is that you are making every effort to be a submissive wife to your husband and to dress in whatever manner brings him happiness, and he is right to return the favor by pampering you and treating you with the value and care you deserve for being obedient to him.

And I certainly do agree with his requirement that you always dress in feminine attire, including skirts, dresses, sandals, and heels outside. It's very proper for you to remain barefoot at home as well. Remaining barefoot is best for girls and women whenever it's practical and there simply will never be a need for you to wear socks. Sleeping naked is also most appropriate for you as a wife.