Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Green Slime, WAM, and You Can't Do That On Television

Very interesting

Posted by BrewCrew79 on 2016-05-17 20:19:54

I never realized how much that show may have influenced me as a kid. It was always my favorite show, and I used to watch it every day hoping that Christine or Vanessa would get slimed. I never considered that may have been a result of that dungeon scene in specific.

Posted by TrompeLeMonde on 2016-05-29 20:15:08

I was not aware of these fetishes, but I grew up on You Can't Do That On TV, and I definitely see you're point about the non-conformity influence. I think a lot of the attitudes and social issues that were prevalent throughout the show, and many others on Nickelodeon during that era, had a lot to do with shaping the way our generation feels about adulthood, responsibility, sexism, and much more. For better or worse, these shows influenced us greatly. Even at 36 years old, I can recognize elements from this show that affected my personality to this day.

Perhaps it has as much to do with a lack of parenting as well? Not to say that my parents were bad or careless, but they both worked full time during my childhood, which left me to be raised by Television. It would be interesting to see something about that added to this poll or to a new one.

Posted by gulpimdoomed on 2016-05-31 07:20:00

I sent you an email Kelsey! I so want to throw you in the dungeon and dump the green slime all over you! To the dungeon with you! HAHA!

Posted by gulpimdoomed on 2017-03-22 09:06:51

Hey girls! There is a new poll for you to get GREEN SLIMED IN!!

http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/618365/results