Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Weddings

My favourite

Posted by allegria_vagina on 2016-05-30 21:31:52

There's a couple of ways to do things, but my favourite is to make the party quite informal but the ceremony formal and spectacular. What I'm planning is to make a grand entrance in a glamorous sequin gown with a huge train that can be bustled or detached for the party. As for timing? The bride simply must be late.

Posted by Illy_Girly on 2016-07-23 18:31:28

For me, it's a real challenge as I want it to be special for me and to treat my close friends well and have fun with them. So, I'm going with a hen the week before, a family party the day before and a close friends party the day after. The day itself will be traditional and formal.

For that, they key things seem to be:

1) dramatic entrance 2) be late - but not excessive! 3) spectacular outfit 4) enjoy yourself 5) don't stick too much with people - hard

Posted by Illy_Girly on 2016-08-13 07:37:54

Mine went well I think. The hen was silly as usual but good time with friends - the outfit I was given to wear was so outrageous, but looked hot. Family party was innocent and traditional. Friends party day after was just great fun and ensured those who mean a lot went away very happy with good time together.

The day itself?

Dramatic entrance - well with a cathedral train it is always dramatic - annoyingly reception venue wouldn't allow it unbustled (knew in advance), so did a 2 dresses plan - another lovely ball gown with a medium train.

Had to ask the driver to circle a bit - too early! 20mins late.

Socially it felt like acting, but the other events planned meant that it didn't matter who got what on the day. We improved the traditional seating plan to get a few very close friends with our family on a circular table with us.

Posted by allegria_vagina on 2016-08-13 07:42:15

Illy you were great. Loved the idea of having the 3 of us with you at circle table. You were earlier than I thought! Getting driver to hold back to arrive 20 minutes late was good idea.