Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

First prostate exam

prostate exam

Posted by Aiden on 2002-09-25 01:41:44

I am 53-- and I probably had my first prostate exam at 30 or so-- just a routine physical. Its not painful- the exam is not that bad but I have always wondered about this: Do other guys get an erection or at least a partial erection during it? I have always wondered-- but I never felt comfortable asking anyone such a personal question. Perhaps my problem is made more embarrasing as my doctor is my friend- we do alot of stuff together- like playing sports and going to the same church and being on church committees -- its a long time friendship. Right after the prostate exam I have the hernia exam so of course he is looking at my genitiles-- I mean I do not get a conmplete erection but I do get somewhat hard. He ahs never commented on it. But I always feel embarrassed. I guess its just so strange to have a guy push his finger way up your butt and really pushing.Its worse perhaps because he is a long time friend. I do not mean to be stimulated. I really would appreciate if other guys would use this poll to let me know it this happens to other guys. THANK YOU!

Posted by thorscipher_mason on 2002-10-03 10:58:30

Getting an erection when having a prostate exam or getting checked for a hernia/testicular cancer just means that everything is in working order. I'm sure you're not the only guy who has gotten a stiffy when the doc touched him.

Posted by wasserball2 on 2002-10-03 14:27:40

========== In Reply To ========== Getting an erection when having a prostate exam or getting checked for a hernia/testicular cancer just means that everything is in working order. I'm sure you're not the only guy who has gotten a stiffy when the doc touched him.

I got my first prostate exam when I had a physical for college sports. The doc checked me for hernia first by lifting his fingers into the loose area of the crotch and asked to turn my head and cough. That really gave me a full erection. Of course I was embarrassed but he didn't say anything. I'm sure he has seen a lot of erections. Next I had to turn around and bend over with my hands on my knees. He inserted his fingers into my rectum and probed. That hurt a little, about as much as when he lifted the open area in my groin. Afterwards, he gave me a little tissue to wipe up the lubricant he used on his fingers. I remembered having some fluid coming out when I had the erection.

Posted by Bopper on 2002-10-11 02:55:15

I had the joy of getting rectally probed when I was a month before my 16th birthday. My doc, who is my best friend's dad, explained that this is something recommended between your 16th and 19th birthdays....I guess he was eager to get a jump on things. But, I can tell you that it was done under great protest and that it was the most humiliating experience of my life and that I boned up to the extreme and actually leaked on the floor. Oh and I made these horrible noises like some crazed, rabid animal. And I have never seen my best friend's dad as just his dad since...

Posted by NavyGuy on 2002-10-11 04:27:12

========== In Reply To ========== I am 53-- and I probably had my first prostate exam at 30 or so-- just a routine physical. Its not painful- the exam is not that bad but I have always wondered about this: Do other guys get an erection or at least a partial erection during it? I have always wondered-- but I never felt comfortable asking anyone such a personal question. Perhaps my problem is made more embarrasing as my doctor is my friend- we do alot of stuff together- like playing sports and going to the same church and being on church committees -- its a long time friendship. Right after the prostate exam I have the hernia exam so of course he is looking at my genitiles-- I mean I do not get a conmplete erection but I do get somewhat hard. He ahs never commented on it. But I always feel embarrassed. I guess its just so strange to have a guy push his finger way up your butt and really pushing.Its worse perhaps because he is a long time friend. I do not mean to be stimulated. I really would appreciate if other guys would use this poll to let me know it this happens to other guys. THANK YOU!

Hello fellas and all of you men who've had prostate exams, at whatever age or circumstance, nearly all men experience some form of stiffening of the $%!@ during a prostate exam. Especially younger men, it seems. I am retired US Navy and spent 8 years as a Navy corpsman and pharmasists mate and performed literally hundreds of prostate exams along with short arm inspection of hundreds of sailors and Marines. I can tell you from experience that men will naturally start to become erect when the $%!@ is handled or the anus probed. Prostate fluid will begin to leak from the $%!@ (often called "precum"). It's just natural and nothing to worry about. I've examined uncircumcised men, skinning back the foreskin and seen men "jump" to full erection and in a few cases, actually ejaculate from being touched. Of course, they are almost always embarassed but I and most of other medics or docs will pay no attention or try to put the man at ease. So men, stop worrying and let what's natural happen. Basically straight men will still become erect when being handled even by another man. I speak from LOTS of experience.