Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

The Greatest Rock'n Roll Poll

Insurance Questions

Posted by JaneTurner on 2022-09-01 08:18:44

How do you guys make sure you have enough coverage incase your rigs are written off in an accident? I spoke to my insurance company and they said in legaleez that basically they will determine the value of the vehicle and that I can submit receipts for any mods I did in the last 12 months. I have had my 3rd gen for more than 3 years and did most of the mods myself (thanks to this forum!!!!)

A 1997 runner with 290k miles on it wont get much in any "book" the insurance company looks in....But when it has a toytec lift, snorkel, big 3 mod, CL44 mod, winch, diff lockers, big tires, custom front and back bumpers, heated onboard shower, onboard air etc......It would take 4x what the insurance company would pay out to total the vehicle to buy a similar rig.

What do you guys do to make sure you get compensated for a similar rig after an accident?

Posted by Annie Miller on 2022-09-01 09:24:56

It's complicated. You should definitely know about your insurance company, how often it pays for such cases.

Posted by Smorko on 2022-09-01 09:27:59

There will always be a reason not to pay the insurance. Some insurance companies like to do this kind of thing. They will do everything to prove that you are to blame for the fact that something stopped working due to poor maintenance or something like that. This has happened to me several times with different insurance companies. Right now, I am in search of the best auto insurance quotes. I hope to find a good insurance company with reasonable prices.