Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

What is the best career option?

What do I need to do before hiring a staff?

Posted by brooks31 on 2023-04-06 12:10:17

What do I need to do before hiring a staff?

Posted by waveforce on 2023-04-06 12:18:11

Make sure you have an EIN (Employer Identification Number).

Before hiring employees, you need to register your business with federal and state authorities. The IRS requires every business with employees to have something called an Employer Identification Number (EIN), a unique nine-digit number used for tax ID purposes.

An EIN is basically like a Social Security number for a business. If you operate your business as a corporation or partnership, you may already have one. If not, you can get an EIN by applying online.

Additionally, each state has a different registration process for getting a state employer identification number. Visit your states labor department website for more information. In California, for example, the EDD (Employment Development Department) has an online service that issues an employer payroll tax account number within a few minutes of registration in most cases.

Posted by savannasanders on 2023-07-25 08:09:32

So, before hiring staff, you'll wanna do some important stuff. First, figure out exactly what tasks you need help with and what skills you want in your staff. Then, make a clear job description so everyone knows what's expected. Next, you gotta get all legal stuff sorted out. Check the laws in your area about hiring staff, like minimum wage and working hours. You don't wanna mess with that stuff!)

Posted by sarahdev01 on 2023-11-03 05:02:52

There is so much prep that goes before hiring stuff and I find it difficult for a lot of HR managers to hire developers because they don't really have much knowledge in tech, so there is this guide on hiring developers for a startup I found, it gives such good advice.