Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Should motorcycle riders wear helmets?

Speak up

Posted by Animal on 1999-06-29 22:24:33

Come on, dont just vote. Speak your mind, unless you dont have one!! Argue for or against the tyranny we live under.

Animal

Posted by Steve Rothstein on 1999-07-20 00:52:24

========== In Reply To ========== Come on, dont just vote. Speak your mind, unless you dont have one!! Argue for or against the tyranny we live under.

Animal

It is pretty hard to argue for tyranny, unless you are the tyrant. Not being the tyrant, I am dead set against any helmet laws - and that means on cars, bicycles, motorcycles, horses, or while in the shower (which is where many people slip and get head injuries).

I like the poll except that, like most polls, it doesn't leave me the spaces I want to answer with. The helmet laws had the right space, but the question about the medical and insurance industry did not. I don't care if they use their money to fight for anything. I just think the legislators should listen to people first and keep their noses out of our business.

As for the question about one national MRO, the answer is yes and no. I am a member of the AMA and the TMRA (Texas Motorcycle Rights Assoc.) We need one national organization for federal level lobbying, but state and local organizations may serve better at the state and local levels. I would like to see them all co-ordinate their positions a little better so that the state and national MRO are not fighting each other. This happened in Texas with our helmet law and we ended up with a compromise that is causing more trouble than the previous law.

Steve Rothstein

Posted by Animal on 1999-07-30 17:44:16

I agree with you, and I will see if I can adjust the poll page a bit...

As for your other comments, I agree. if it were me, I would just let things as is, using the MFR at the federal level, with state MRO's, and other groups, supporting them.

Keep up the good work.

Animal

Posted by Monster Man on 2000-01-14 15:11:58

========== In Reply To ========== Come on, dont just vote. Speak your mind, unless you dont have one!! Argue for or against the tyranny we live under.

Animal

I got here from the BOLT page - whats that stand for? BOOBS OF LITTLE TALENT

Make a plan, man! You ain't got one and have to ask? $%!@in idiot