Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Females Only: Unexpectedly Touched by Others

I'd like more

Posted by vicki03 on 2023-01-19 14:31:04

I do like being touched by people, both friends and strangers, and I have a warm feeling if someone touches me without asking - that means he or she likes my body and it is pleasure for us both. But in the modern world it is thought bad, so when I walk on a street or lie on a beach or sit in a bar or whatever I get many looks (I dress pretty skimpy and I look not bad I think :)) but very few touch. Sometimes it even makes me sad. My friends know that I like being touched and they can touch me any moment and any way, but I don't always have them around. And being touched by a stranger is more thrill :)

Posted by Mr.Allan on 2023-01-19 16:15:52

I think your odds of being touched by a stranger are higher when the stranger is a woman. For men nowadays, at least in the West, it's far too risky to touch a woman without knowing ahead of time that she will 100% be okay with it. If she doesn't like it, she has legal rights to pursue the man for a crime, even if it's for an innocent thing like touching her back or shoulders. Of course it isn't LIKELY that a woman will pursue criminal charges for such a thing, but the mere possibility of it makes the risk too high.

In the past, before laws become so strict and before Feminism took hold, a man might commonly touch a woman simply in order to be flirty or show an interest in her. If she pulled away or became annoyed, he would just quit and that would be the end of it. If she liked it or didn't protest, it was a sign to him that he could continue flirting with her. Now the "Look but don't touch" mindset has sunk in everywhere and everybody is afraid of physical contact, which makes us all more isolated, less friendly, and less happy.

Posted by awayness on 2023-01-19 18:57:40

So true. It's also implicated in the autism epidemic but not sure. I wish people would just touch me all the time, however they feel. I do that with my friends and I don't get any complaints.

Posted by Mr.Allan on 2023-01-19 20:24:51

Society also has a different view (i.e. double standard) of females being "touchy feely," and it's generally more accepted than when males do it.

I've realized that it's a sad state that our society is in where we're all afraid to touch each other because of fears about both the law and the easily offended. And in terms of flirting and dating, it stops men from doing what feels natural, which is affectionately touching the women to whom they're attracted.