Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Is Sam Gamgee Gay?

Rosie Cotton

Posted by taech on 2003-08-15 05:50:20

What about Rosie the female Hobbit? She was Sam's love interest back at the Shire. They ended up getting married and having lots of little Hobbits. That's why I think Sam is definitely straight. I bet Tolkien never even thought of Sam and Frodo's relationship the way we're thinking of it. They didn't write gay stuff in books like that back then, not that there would have been anything wrong with it if they did. Seriously, I really think Sam just saw Frodo like a little brother.

Posted by Melmo on 2003-10-04 17:47:33

========== In Reply To ========== What about Rosie the female Hobbit? She was Sam's love interest back at the Shire. They ended up getting married and having lots of little Hobbits. That's why I think Sam is definitely straight. I bet Tolkien never even thought of Sam and Frodo's relationship the way we're thinking of it. They didn't write gay stuff in books like that back then, not that there would have been anything wrong with it if they did. Seriously, I really think Sam just saw Frodo like a little brother.

u r so right! whoever wrote this poll has serious problems!

Posted by forbia on 2004-12-01 22:03:27

Actually, they most definitely DID write homo-erotic fiction back then...and even further back. Honestly though, I don't think Tolkien gave it too much thought.

Posted by lizzie86 on 2006-10-19 03:34:43

Rosie was his beard.