Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

The Simpsons Too Violent?

Violence on T.V.

Posted by Vince on 2000-03-26 05:50:52

People who even bring up the subject about a show like the Simpson's being to violent have way to much time on their hands. These are the same $%!@ retentive parents who would dare not spank their kids on the butt or raise their voice to them. If they don't let their kids watch the Simpson's, then they might as well turn off the T.V all together. When I sit down with my kids and watch cartoons, every show to some degree has violence. These dumb $%!@ parents are raising rude, arrogant kids that have no respect for their parents or anyone else. These are the kids that someday will be the violent ones. My youngest one, who at the age of 3 was so fascinated by "monsters" understood that it was "not real". Folks, get a life! Teach them well, and that "not real" violence will not phase a well adjusted child.

Posted by FlankLeft on 2003-01-14 13:16:36

Really... I'm only thirteen myself... but it's the parents who are making us more violent. They get involved in everything we do, take Middle-school/High-School football for example. The parents want us to run THEIR plays... not ours... in return, we don't have fun. I'm sick and tired of all these so called 'Psychologists' saying that spanking is harmful to a childs emotional developement. I'm sorry people, but if you don't have the courage enough to tell your child 'No', or spank them, or ground them... then your better off sending that child off to an Foster Home. If you can't find enough courage in your heart to show your children what's write and wrong, obviously you don't deserve to be a parent. In my oppinion, spanking should be started around the age that the child can get into things. Which is usually around two. There are no major orgains in their butt... have you ever noticed when you yell at a two yearold, or tap them on the hand they start to cry? They do that because they know they made someone feel bad... NOT because it hurts. If you expect a two yearold to be harmed by a mere slap on the hand or the rear... your one heck of a wuss. So obviously... violence isn't harmful to a child... It's the parents not being brave enough to spank their own child is what makes them disobedient... they know that they can get away with anything if you don't. Well, that's all I have to say... laters.

Posted by caleby on 2004-08-31 00:13:01

Exactly. All the stories you read about kids copying violence from TV/video games etc normally either have mental problems anyway or they were exposed to it at a friend's house after not having been allowed to see any violence at home: a fake existence.

========== In Reply To ========== People who even bring up the subject about a show like the Simpson's being to violent have way to much time on their hands. These are the same $%!@ retentive parents who would dare not spank their kids on the butt or raise their voice to them. If they don't let their kids watch the Simpson's, then they might as well turn off the T.V all together. When I sit down with my kids and watch cartoons, every show to some degree has violence. These dumb $%!@ parents are raising rude, arrogant kids that have no respect for their parents or anyone else. These are the kids that someday will be the violent ones. My youngest one, who at the age of 3 was so fascinated by "monsters" understood that it was "not real". Folks, get a life! Teach them well, and that "not real" violence will not phase a well adjusted child.

Posted by Rayyyyyy on 2005-05-05 02:37:01

I THINK BOTH OF U ARE $%!@ING MORANS! hitting a 2 year old... dude ur a $%!@ing insensitive bitch $%!@ wipe basterd. there a baby they dont know what is right or wrong at 2. i watch south park simpsons and all of them and vilonce is a part of life get the $%!@ yust 2 it fagget's because every single show has some kind of battle or somthing and if u have a problem with a good kick $%!@ fight scene then shut the $%!@ up. queer because it's not going anywhere and i have a two year old by the way and when he does somthing rong i do say no and take it away BUT HITTING A DEFENSLESS BABY!!! UR A $%!@ING RETARTD u do that 2 your own kid u MOTHER $%!@ING BITCH! both of you r $%!@ heads! get a life instead of whinning about violence

Posted by al bundy the tormentor on 2006-01-09 15:42:21

$%!@ cencorship