Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Best NHL players ever

Goalies

Posted by QSM on 2001-05-16 14:23:57

Hey you have to get a poll going on the greatest goalie of all time, or a certain cygne I know will be verrrrrrrrrry upset ;-)

Posted by keeperof the shorts on 2001-06-01 00:48:32

========== In Reply To ========== Hey you have to get a poll going on the greatest goalie of all time, or a certain cygne I know will be verrrrrrrrrry upset ;-)

We dont need a poll cos we already know that Patrick Roy would win hands down!!!!!

Posted by kelnet on 2002-02-26 05:38:19

Ken Dryden

========== In Reply To ==========

Ken Dryden beats even Patrick Roy. Vezina Trophies - 5 - in an era of incredible goal scoring, Dryden's goals against average stayed below 2.50. Patrick Roy never faced Phil Esposito, Bobby Orr, Mike Bossy, Reggie Leach, Bobby Hull, Daryl Sittler, Brian Trottier, Marcel Dionne -all of whom were consistent high goal scorers. Roy has played in a era of vastly fewer goals being scored.

Other Stats: Winner of 6 Stanley Cups
Conn Smythe Trophy winner in 1971
Calder Trophy winner in 1971-72
5-time 1st Team NHL All-Star

And Dryden only played for EIGHT seasons.

Patrick Roy: Vezina Trophies - 3 Stanley Cups - 4 Conn Smythe Trophies - 3 1st Team All-Star - 8 Roy has played for 16 years and has accomplished a lot. But Dryden did more in 8 years. Yes, Roy got all those All Star games and 3 Conn Smythes to Dryden's one, but I think Stanley Cups and Vezina Trophies count for more. Dryden is the best.