Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Best NHL players ever

Mario vs Wayne

Posted by mugluk on 2003-01-06 01:10:53

It's always tough to argue when you bring the arguement "if only" up. If only Mario was not injury prone. If only he had better players around him.

I think you have to look at bottom lines... 92 (and 89) goals vs 86, 217 (?) (and another 200 point season) points vs 199. The PPG is a good point, though.

I've watched both Lemieux and Gretzky. I can't say I can compare them and say who the best was overall. In the end, Gretzky's production was just a bit better, for whatever the reasons.

Posted by Lord_Belial on 2004-03-13 04:23:38

I voted for Lemieux, but Mario had Ron Francis, Kevin Stevens, Rick Tocchet, Jaromir Jagr, Joe Mullen, Ulf and Kjell Sammuelson, Larry Murphy, Mark Recchi, Paul Coffey (for a short time), and Tom Barrasso among him in the early 90's. That has to be just about as good as any team Gretzky ever played on. And yes, I truly do believe that Mario was on pace to break most of Wayne's records had he remained healthy.

========== In Reply To ========== If only he had better players around him.

Posted by ggjj on 2005-11-19 02:07:09

LEMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX