Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Classmates in the change room

at day camp.....

Posted by sammi15 on 2003-06-12 17:56:31

Two summers ago, when I was 11, my Dad signed my younger brother (he was 9) and me up for a summer day camp at the ymca. He told me that it would be good for me to meet some new friends and use my summer holidays better. My Dad and Mom were getting annoyed at us because we just stayed home and played games all day on our nintendo. One day they came home from work we were playing video games and were both still in our night clothes and had not even had our showers or anything.

The day camp was almost all day long and lasted for a week. There were probably about 20 kids in our group, including my brother and me. It was mostly girls because there was my brother and I think only 5 other boys. I was worried that I was going to hate it and wished my parents had just let me stay home. But it was actually pretty fun. We usually did crafts in the morning, then about an hour in the pool, then some games in the gym or outside. I really liked doing the clay on the spinning wheel. We had two older teenagers as our leaders. Lisa and Mike. They were a lot of fun and were always joking around and stuff. Part way through our week Mike got sick and had to go home, so another leader came and took his place. I don't remember her name though. She was fun too but wasn't nearly as funny as Mike. I was really excited about swimming that day because we were going to play water polo. I didn't know what that was but it sounded fun.

When it came time to get changed for swimming we had a problem though. Lisa told everyone to get their bags and said that everyone should meet outside the girl's change room. When we got there she said that it was ymca policy that everyone in the day camp program had to stay with their leaders. I didn't think about it before, but now that Mike was gone we had no male leader. Lisa said that everyone would have to use the same change room. Oh my god! I started to freak out because now the boys were going to be changing with us. I remember looking at one of the boys who was my age and he was giving one of the other guys a high five, and they were laughing about it. A couple of the girls were really upset but Lisa told them to calm down.

We all went into the locker room and I hoped that everything would be okay. The room was almost completely empty and there were only a couple of women in there. The change room was just a big square room with lockers on the walls and a bench in front of the lockers. I made sure to be in the middle of a bunch of other girls so I didn't have to be on the end beside the boys. We took our clothes off and quickly put our swimsuits on and then wrapped ourselves in our towels. Lisa was telling a couple of the boys to hurry up and one of the older boys told her that he didn't want any girls to see him naked. She told him that he could either get changed or she would have to send him home because they didn't have any other leaders to look after him if he didn't stay with the group. While she stood there, he changed into his swimsuit then put his towel around him.

We all walked to the shower room and just kinda stood there. The other leader came up to the group and asked what we were all waiting for and that we should hurry up and have our showers. Everyone hung their towels up and went into the shower room and then Lisa goes "hey you know the rules! I told you before that everybody has to follow all of the rules. What do we wear when we have a shower? Right. Get those swimsuits off now." I think everyone was kinda stunned or something, but we all took our swimsuits off and got into the showers. Even the boys took their swimsuits off and were standing in the shower. I looked at them but they didn't look very happy. I guess it was because they were outnumbered by us girls. After everybody was finished we put our swimsuits back on and went out to the pool to play water polo. After swimming was over we showered off again and got changed. The boys didn't seem so shy anymore and were joking around with everyone while we were all getting dried off and changed back into our clothes. Mike was back the next day, so everything went back to normal.

Some boys saw me without my clothes on and I saw them without theirs on either. I guess it was really no big deal.

Posted by ranul on 2005-07-20 02:14:34

what was the reaction from the parents after they found out that boys and girls changed together .

Posted by sammi15 on 2005-07-22 06:21:02

Well, the reaction from my mom was predicatable. At first she was really mad and was going to phone the y and complain to someone.

But while she was dialing I explained that there was only one guy leader that day and he had to go home sick, and they either had to send all the boys home early, or continue through the day as they did.

At that point my mom stopped dialing and started asking questions. Was I ever worried or scared. Did I have any questions about boys and their parts. And so on. I told her that I knew some stuff from health class at school, but I did have some questions. We talked about them and she answered them.

When my dad got home from work and found out, at first he was mad. Then he asked me if there was anything he needed to be concerned with. I told him that everything was fine and if anything it was the boys that were probably kinda worried right now. My dad laughed out loud and said that's the way he would have been too.

That's pretty much it. That was the only time anything like that ever happened to me.

Sammi

Posted by quietguy on 2005-07-25 21:20:06

mom and me.

Mom took me to swim lessons untili was 12 and i had to change with her in the ladies room. this girl caroline would seem to be there a lot and she would not change until i left but my mom just acted like all the ladies and girls didnt matter andihad to strip and and shower etc and often was the only boy in there. Caroline would watch and then send me nasty notes in school with drawing of my body.

Posted by ranul on 2022-09-07 16:54:38

Wonder why while they were putting on their swimsuits, the leaders didn't mention that they would be showering naked anyways and to wait to put them on telling after the shower