Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Girls with no PE kit

Forgotten PE kit

Posted by BeckyL on 2003-10-15 20:19:40

In primary school, if we forgot our kit we had to do the lesson in underwear and bare feet. This happened to me on a couple of occasions and it was pretty embarrassing as it was a co-ed class and there was no changing room, so we had to undress in the classroom before walking to the gym in view of the rest of the school in just vest and pants. My senior school was girls only. The rules here were strict too and you could rarely get out of PE by forgetting your kit. However, it was not so embarrassing having to do PE in your knickers here, as the regular kit consisted of T-shirt, gym knickers and bare feet, so you did not feel too under-dressed and the rest of the class were only girls. I once forgot my kit for outdoor athletics, however, and had to take part in my underpants, a borrowed T-shirt and bare feet (the running track was grass). Unfortunately, the playing fields were on the opposite side of a public road and so I had to walk there in public in little more than my knickers! Several people outside school saw me and I spent the afternoon sporting a very red face!

Posted by laura76 on 2005-11-12 19:29:40

At my school both boys and girls did pe in their underpants and bare feet. I live in Scotland and went to school in the late 70s/early 80s. I think this was fairly common. I do however remember a number of kids doing pe in the nude also

Posted by nudeboy on 2006-07-17 15:12:20

I did my pe in just white briefs. did not think twice about it - occasionally I had to strip naked

Posted by Large Richard on 2007-04-02 21:49:55

Hi Sporty Lizzie I believe you, can't see any reason why girls at a single sex school should bother with a pe kit. When i was at co-ed pimary school in the mid-seventies girls were topless for pe up to age 10 and could wear a vest if wanted in the final year up to age 11, or sometimes nearer 12. one girl was particularly well developed for her age and never wore a vest, she really did have a good pair of $%!@ on her and all us guys had stiff $%!@s. Sadly at secondary school the girls did have pe kits, but as they had seperate classes i think they should at least of had the option to go topless. I'm sure there would of been times when the guys would of copped an eyefull or a male teacher might of inadvertantly walked in on them but these things happen. Were there any male teachers teaching other subjects at your school that might of seen you naked from time to time? How many of you did pe naked? Were you forced to do pe naked outside in the winter or was it optional?

Posted by Anitaisawesome on 2010-02-14 18:48:29

When I went to primary school, it was girls knickers and vests and boys briefs.

However in secondry school girls had a proper pe kit and boys went totally nude for swimming and indoor games, in the outdoors they wore briefs and nothing else, we always arrived early for our pe lessons and trust me having a lesson just after sixth form boys taught us more than sex ed ever did!