Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Men Wearing Bras

More than you'd ever guess.

Posted by aginomoto on 2004-07-25 07:47:55

This summer I started working at Victoria's Secret. It's been fun, but... I can't believe how many GUYS come in and buy stuff for themselves. They always say things like "I need a 36B..." or "I like Body by Victoria" or whatever. They WANT you to know they're buying it for themselves. My friends and I laugh, and debate, sometimes when a guy comes in, if it's a gift, or something for him. It's not what I expected. I've even recommended certain colors for guys based on their skin tone (they asked). Sometimes they even come in with a girlfriend (I've sold his and her's sets).

Personally, I'm fine with it now, If that's what makes you happy. I have helped several women pick out various things for their boyfriends...

Now, nothing surprises me.

Posted by The_Nothing_Man on 2004-08-10 00:50:04

This summer I started working at Victoria's Secret. It's been fun, but... I can't believe how many GUYS come in and buy stuff for themselves. They always say things like "I need a 36B..." or "I like Body by Victoria" or whatever. They WANT you to know they're buying it for themselves.

Not necessarily. They genuinely may be buying for a wife or girlfriend. A formar GF of mine wore a 36B (lol, same as me!) and I would say the same things as those men mentioned.

My friends and I laugh, and debate, sometimes when a guy comes in, if it's a gift, or something for him. It's not what I expected.

To be blunt, is that really necessary? But then, if ANY guy is comfortable with wearing a bra or such, why would they care what others think? Hey, if I bought from you, I would not care what you thought! :)

I've even recommended certain colors for guys based on their skin tone (they asked).

That is great though that you do that for male customers.

Personally, I'm fine with it now, If that's what makes you happy. I have helped several women pick out various things for their boyfriends...

That is the way it should be. Way too many people are hung up on others when they should be more concerned about themselves.

For me, I do not care at all what the cashiers think when I go purchase a new bra for myself. I am comfortable in the fact I DO NEED one and wear them for support. I am a forklift operator and those that drive them too know that they have NO suspension. So on most of the floor, it bounces me around like crazy. My bra greatly reduces that.

I do not wear any fancy bras and as such, my bra I do wear is a basic Warners Shine-On back close wire-free. It is an EXCELLENT fitting bra with a nice elastic band. It is comfortable, even wearing it in a hot injection molding plant. I have only worn that Warners for 5 years now and will only buy that style of Warners. But if I ever want a Victoria's Secret Bra, at least I know that a good portion of their employees are understanding and helpful for male customers needing a bra, be it for support or other reasons.