Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

What do Americans think of Britain?

That's not what I think, though

Posted by whingey_the_goat_girl on 2004-02-18 10:19:50

I live in Northeast America, but I lived in Scotland for a year and I like Britain. There are a lot of people in America who are very stupid and ignorant, though. I think it's because 1) the government is very poor about funding education, and 2) America is so big, so rich, and so far away from Europe that the culture has developed its own kind of microcosm where people don't need (for economic reasons or vacationing) to associate much with other countries, so they don't know about them.

Or maybe the Pilgrims just brought over with them some kind of "jerk gene." Anyway, Americans are about 55% the jerky kind, and the greater portion of them live in the old Confederate areas. And Utah, a lot of them are in Utah. (No offense to all the reasonable people who live in those places. I'm just saying.)

Posted by jhb on 2006-03-26 23:48:28

Britain

I always think of Britain as being more like America than Europe as the people speak English. Lots of our culture comes from Britain including Methodist churches, Shakespeares,mayors and counties so I don't think Britain can be very different from America.The British use miles too.

Posted by dipthong on 2006-08-30 18:55:42

No we don't, we use kilometres you spaz. We rarely use miles... SPASTIC

Posted by dave3 on 2006-08-31 02:11:10

I think the whole world uses the metric system now,except the U.S...maybe THAT'S it!!!

Posted by yannis on 2007-01-02 17:38:28

No your the spaz. We use miles per hour, most people never even use kilometres