Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Should girls have to wear ties ?

School Ties for Girls

Posted by correct_school_uniform on 2004-11-04 22:59:55

Nice poll!

I agree with a lot of the other people out there that girls or young lady's should wear a tie with their school uniform. I do however think that many school girls who have to wear ties as part of their uniform let themselves down by not wearing it properly. When I say properly I mean the top button of the crisp white shirt to be done up and the tie covering the top button.

I went to a small private school in the UK and both the boys and the girls had to wear ties. In fact the school had a strict dress code and I think it would be better if I list it below.

Boys/Girls Uniform

White shirt, grey trousers, black socks and shoes, grey v-necked jumper blaser and a standard school tie, the girls were the same apart from they wore grey or white socks ,grey pleated skirt (usually below the knee) and a 'cross over' tie. I always thought the cross over ties were a good idea as they were attached at the back of the collar, so never moved and showed the unsightly top button.

If anyone would like me to tell them about our nasty science teacher, she loved handing out the punishments for a loose tie or a top button undone.

Happy school Days

Posted by Fiona_C2004 on 2004-11-17 19:28:26

Thanks for the comment "correct" !

I'd love to hear about your science teacher. My school arent strict about our uniforms really - some girls get away with trainers,no tie, ear-rings and stuff. I always wear mine "properly" but sometimes feel out of place because of how sloppy some of the other girls dress. Do you have an email address ? You can mail me if you like at ficass2004"AT"yahoo.co.uk (replace "AT" with @)

Posted by F.E.A.R on 2005-11-04 18:58:04

they shouldnt!

girls shouldnt wear ties because it ruins their look. ties is a mens part of clothing not girls and plus I dont think a girl is just gonna wear a tie proply havn't you seen them in school you cant cause girls wear them so slack and loose!

Posted by MPC250784826 on 2006-09-27 03:47:40

I don't think girls should wear ties to school or any where elese for that matter. why is it they want us girls to dress more like the guys and never have the guys dress more like us girls. If girls have to wear a tie to school then the boys have to wear a skirt and blouse to school with the panties too.

Posted by Infernaltiewearer on 2010-02-02 06:34:57

To "Fiona C 2004 "and "Correct School Uniform":

Schools should be more stricter on wearing ties and the top buttons done up.

Aby responses: