Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Ryoga Hibiki Poll

whats a name

Posted by telbar on 1999-12-30 19:48:30

re: rouga's name. the extra "u" which a lot of times is left out i from the direct translation form japanese hirigana. It is there to show an extended vowel so a reader can see that his name sould be pronounced ryooga.

sorry i just had to point that out

Posted by Elf Lord on 2000-03-26 22:18:43

Oh. I figured it was just that some people just didn't feel like typin the extra "u" cause all translators are lazy. Guess i was wrong, but not about the lazy translator part... Ranma 1/2 series probably finished 10 years ago overe there, and we're mpt even half done over here.... ========== In Reply To ========== re: rouga's name. the extra "u" which a lot of times is left out i from the direct translation form japanese hirigana. It is there to show an extended vowel so a reader can see that his name sould be pronounced ryooga.

Posted by bob@bob.bob on 2002-04-13 05:19:17

but in romaji it is ryoga

========== In Reply To ========== re: rouga's name. the extra "u" which a lot of times is left out i from the direct translation form japanese hirigana. It is there to show an extended vowel so a reader can see that his name sould be pronounced ryooga.