Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

BEST SPECIAL FORCES

United States Marine Corps Force Recon

Posted by iomega142 on 2004-04-15 23:26:12

Was the USMC Force Recon left out of the poll because it would have been a land slide victory? ;) Semper Fi!!!

Posted by Caitiff_Primogen on 2004-04-24 22:05:01

It would be interesting to see, what would happen if they did. I'd also like to see the nationailty of the voter. I doubt any non-US voters would pick US special forces.

I went for SAS, but also respect GSG9 (Germany)and Sarayet (Israel)for their skill at least.

========== In Reply To ========== Was the USMC Force Recon left out of the poll because it would have been a land slide victory? ;) Semper Fi!!!

Posted by Gideon on 2004-04-30 15:54:07

========== In Reply To ========== Was the USMC Force Recon left out of the poll because it would have been a land slide victory? ;) Semper Fi!!!

Marine force recon are not a part of the united states special opeartions command.

The Special Forces that do the longest and most demanding courses and which see more active service than the rest of the worlds special forces but together are the British Army,22nd Special Air Service Regiment(300) strong and the Corps of Royal Marines,(a elite special force themselves) own Special Boat Service (100)strong. By the way I am American. We Americans boast we are so good and we talk the talk but sadly we seldom can walk the walk. Those two special forces often fight outnumbered several hundred to one and come out tops. They took tora bora caves whilst our guys $%!@ in there pants at a few hundred al queda and taliban figters. Those Brits are quite professionals and do not boast but just get on with the job.

Posted by Lighting on 2005-02-02 03:38:00

The US is in the top 5 for best trained SF...

The only nation I know of with better is England with the SAS...

Posted by chucksmom on 2005-02-07 14:39:34

Yes, the Brits w/all their "good" military are clamoring to get the hell out of Iraq

Esp. since it's being so poorly run by Haliburton/Bush & Co.

At least the Brits aren't as dumb as the Americans, who believe any old propaganda dropped on them by fundie freaks.