Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

BEST SPECIAL FORCES

dumb pple

Posted by USAROCKS on 2004-06-26 03:04:15

i have nothing aginst british or their armed forces, but SAS is not the best. a single SEAL could take out a squad of SAS. US Rangers are our egqivelent, and they do more and kick more butt.just look at somalia. SAS couldn't hold off thousands of angry sivilians with only 70 men. think about it.

Posted by Gideon on 2004-06-27 14:11:20

========== In Reply To ========== i have nothing aginst british or their armed forces, but SAS is not the best. a single SEAL could take out a squad of SAS. US Rangers are our egqivelent, and they do more and kick more butt.just look at somalia. SAS couldn't hold off thousands of angry sivilians with only 70 men. think about it.

Well dude you are wrong and we got our $%!@ kicked by the somalians. We aint doing that good in iraq either by murdering so many innocent civilians whilst after small numbers of terrorists and also resistance groups which are anti saddam but also anti occupation.

The british SAS fought a battle,mirbat in oman in 1972 in which 6 SAS men held off 800 insurgents trying to place dhofar province in south yeman. 2 were killed and four woundefd. 200 omani troops with the sas turned and ran.

In korea in 1951 a 650 strong battalion of British Infantry held off two chinese field armies for three days before being overranand lost half their men killed and wounded with most others being taken prisoner. They killed the equivelent of a brigade of the chinese. Interestingly a entire corps of their american cousins,only 5 miles distant declined to come to their aid and commenced a general retreat.

Posted by USAROCKS on 2004-06-27 17:19:01

========== In Reply To ========== did i say that SAS wasn't good? no. but the 101 airborn out did that with only a squad out doing two german SS companies with only one man getting killed.

Posted by Lighting on 2004-12-08 22:31:45

The Brits are good. They have some good stuf that out weigs ours. But all in all if the two would fight a war America would win. America is a totaly diferent environment then the U.K. we have large deserts, and hot swamps. America also has a better Air force (as far as I know). We also have a better navy. But all-in-all the thing that really tells why is. It dosn't matter how good your men are. Who ever controls the seas and the skys, wins.

Although I have to admit it would be one hell of a fight.

Posted by chucksmom on 2004-12-17 14:34:03

YEA.....just like in Vietnam The sky and the sea really won us a big one there...

Got any brilliant exit strategies for Iraq?

Hey, even the Brits want to get out of that mess...