Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Books, books, books!

Books

Posted by Nothing 133326267 on 2024-03-22 15:35:48

Some influential books I've read: Dracula by Bram Stoker, Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice, Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite, the two Strahd Ravenloft novels, some more Ravenloft, some books on philosophy (theology, history, spiritualty, astrology - Bible, Norse, Gaelic, Teutonic, New Age, Enlightenment Era, modern historians), gamebooks and RPG books, Dragonlance stuff, Monte Python Flying Circus TV Show Scripts, House of Dolls, Dead Souls by Gogol, one or two Shakespeare plays (the Tempest, King Lear - Hamlet was good), the C.S. Lewis Narnia Chronicles, the Hobbit: there and Back again, The Lord of the Rings, the Silmarillion, some more J.R.R. Tolkien, Plato, books about hockey, the Iliad, the Tao of Pooh, the Celestine Prophecy, Carlos Castanada, the Sevenwaters Trilogy by Juliet Marillier, a few modern fantasy books, the Mists of Avalon, Spellfire from Forgotten Realms, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, STAR WARS: The Phantom Menace, Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy, All Quiet on the Western Front, the Epic of Gilgamesh - kids' books when I was a kid some decades ago.

I cannot read any more. I've had a lot of trouble reading almost my whole life - certainly as an adult. Concentration makes it impossible to read primary because of physical injuries with mental health issues as a contributing factor (borderline personality disorder).

I read pretty much nothing now. Not even the internet. In fact, talking and conversation is too difficult for me now.