Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Teen Babysitters

My son having problems with girl babysitter

Posted by Frazzledmom on 2016-11-06 17:39:14

Hi, I have an 8 year old son who is a bedwetter and wears disposable diapers to bed. I hire a neighbor girl who is 13 to babysit him frequently. She is fairly new to watching him but she is very good. My son is having priblems when she is watching him at and past his bedtime. He is very uncooperative with her when it comes time for him to get his diaper on. Last night, the same problems came up again. He refuses to undress, back talks and doesn't follow her instructions during his diapering. He has told me already he is embarrassed that Jasmine, the babysitter sees him naked. I told him he has to get past this as he needs help with the diapers, needs them for his night time accidents and since she is older and in charge, he has to cooperate with her and follow her instructions. Jasmine is a wonderful and caring responsible young girl who is in nerd of sone extra spending money and is a wonderful babysitter. I'd hate to stop using her but its frustrating for her my son acts this way. Has any other mom's had this problem? What can be dine to fix it? Any suggestions would be greatly aporeciated. Im a single (divorced) mom who has just stated dating again. As my ex is no where ti be found, I rely on babysitters quite a bit and its so hard finding one as good as Jasmine is. Thank you in advance for your help. Sincerely, Emily

Posted by pacifier on 2017-05-30 13:19:05

I am a girl 17 and i babysit for a family with two newly adopted sisters,ages 14 and 12.Both girls wear cloth diapers and plastic pants 24/7 and have wetting accidents as well as wetting the bed.I have to do diaper changes on both of them when they are wet.Their cloth diapers are regular baby diapers in the 24x27 inch size and are pinned on them with baby diaper pins.Their plastic pants are adult size and fit them blousy and are in pastel colors as well as baby prints.When i get them ready for bed,they both lay side by side and i slide their thick night time diapers under them,powder them,then pin the diapers on them,then put the plastic pants on them.They each suck on a pacifier while i am diapering them.They both look like babies with their diapers and plastic pants on and their plastic pants crinkle under their night gowns.

Posted by mandi2 on 2020-06-09 13:45:39

To Frazzledmom-We have two newly adopted sisters who are 11 and 13.We got them towards the end of February and stared them off right away in cloth diapers and rubberpants at night due to their bedwetting.Normally,i put their diapers and rubberpants on them just before bedtime and it has worked out well.We have a 17 year old girl,Allie,as their babysitter when the husband and i go out on the weekend.She puts the girls diapers and rubberpants on them two or three hours before their bedtime and they both dont like it!I havent said anything to her yet,but am trying to figure out how to approach her about the situation.