Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

spanking teens

spanking? Are you serious?

Posted by *iSLaNd guRL* on 2004-10-13 03:54:59

People who spank thier children just aren't creative enough to think of a better punishment. If you must spank your child they should be under the age of eight, because after that it is disgusting and degrading to the child.

Posted by Mr Explorer on 2004-12-09 16:26:47

Like it's okay under 8?

Posted by Mr Explorer on 2004-12-10 15:46:49

Spanking and corporal punishment: UK/US differences

In the UK where I'm from, spanking as a form of punishment is under heavy attack. The government is planning to make it illegal to spank a child hard enough to cause reddening of the skin and/or psychological distress. This means that only the lightest of spanks will remain legal. In the UK, corporal punishment in state schools was abolished in 1987, and in non-state schools in 1998. The two main forms of corporal punishment were the cane and the gym shoe or dap (which we called the slipper). When I was in school (I left in 1982), only the head teacher (principal) was allowed to use the cane, but classroom teachers used the gym shoe regularly. It was usually only one stroke. The amount of pain it caused varied from teacher to teacher. Some would get you jumping, whereas with others you would scarcely feel it. I very rarely saw anyone cry after receiving it. In some cases, that could have been because of pride! I've read that many schools in the US still have corporal punisment, particularly in the south. You have the paddle over there. I think the paddle is a potentially dangerous instrament, because it has no flexibility. I've read of people having shattered vertebrae after receiving the paddle. Also, teachers in the southern US seem more severe in their use of corporal punishment than British teachers in the 1980s were. In the US, three or more swats is apparently quite usual, whereas in the 1980s UK, you'd have to do something pretty bad to get more than one. Though I can see the arguments for corporal punishment in schools (keeping order etc), my gut feeling is that it's better that it has been abolished. After all, the infliction of physical pain does seem a rather primitive form of social control. As for parents spanking children, that is slightly different. I certainly don't think that parents should be allowed to use implements, but a light spank with the hand, even if it is not a good thing, seems less bad than taking parents to court for it.

Posted by BFF on 2024-02-19 02:30:59

Why eight? Why not nine? Seems like a random number.

Personally, I'm in favour of parents spanking their kids until they leave home. I was regularly spanked in the nude by my mum until I was 18, albeit a lot less as I got older, because I behaved. My kid sister (2 years younger) was also given daily nude spankings until she was 22 and it kept her in line. When she left home, her life spiralled out of control. Her partner abandoned her during her second pregnancy. She returned home and has been receiving twice weekly Nude spankings.