Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

The big "Why do you need God? poll

wtf?

Posted by *iSLaNd guRL* on 2004-11-03 04:12:23

So what exactly does knowing how many bathrooms I have in my house and whether or not I live in the U.S. (which I'm glad I don't) have to do with religion? OH and by the way, were you aware that the bible was written by ancient Greeks and is completely fictional?

Posted by RKH on 2004-11-17 16:22:54

You are wrong about the Bible being just a ficticious story written by ancient Greeks. In fact, the Old Testament was written by Hebrews and the New Testament was also written by Jews. Paul and John and Matthew were all Jews, not Greeks. Also, the Bible is not ficticious. It is the Word of God! That is more real than anything else in your life! Read it and see if you change your mind.

Posted by Lighting on 2004-12-08 01:10:43

I believe in God but not an antichrist. I do however believe the Bible may have some things that need revision but not much. I just think we need a more up-to-date bible.

Posted by Dr.Smart on 2005-10-16 04:07:35

Actually they could have very well been Roman settlers, we can't really be sure. Second, they were called Jews because there was no distinction between christians and Jews, because christianity came around when paul, ect said: Jesus was the son of god, therefore the Messiah. I think it was like nearly 100 years after his death or so. Then they were called Jews of christ. So we have second hand accounts which assume Jesus was the son of god/ messiah; not first hand accounts recording his claims, which were that he was a Jew.

Posted by docileboy on 2008-06-15 22:55:41

Why do we need God? I think until someone connects with the Divine within themselves, they will never know any real security or purpose in life. Everythng on Earth is temporary, one needs to connect with something eternal. God is never restricted to any one religion or to religion at all. It is a part of every faith wherein that faith deals with love. Beyond Love, is just superstition. One must look for a God of all peoples, all cultures and all times, including all planets throuhout the Universe. For that, one needs a telescope not a microscope. The God within is the God of All. Unless a belief can be taken to all planets and all times, then it's not based in Universality and thus becomes superstition.