Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

The Most Embarassing Things...

girls can be really rotten

Posted by outnumbered on 2004-11-28 22:35:55

I was with my cousins and some of threir friends walking to the store one day.I was 12 my cousin Pam was 15 and her sister Judy was 10.The other two girls were around Pam's age.We we going to the store and stopped at Missy,Pam's best friend's house.Missy came to the door in a white t shirt and green panties,that were very visible!When Pam saw her she grabbed her arm and pulled her outside,as a joke.The trouble was the door went shut as she tried to grab onto it and it was locked!The girls all giggled for a moment and I was certainly enjoying the view,but Missy started freaking out.We spent about twenty minutes trying to get in without breaking a window.I climbed a tree to try and get in upstairs,I wanted to play the hero for her!There was no way in and Pam told her we'd go back to her house and get her some clothes.Missy told us she couldn't wait out there like that for so long,and she wasn't about to walk across the neighborhood like that.So they came up with the great idea to give her my clothes!I told them no way!Then I'd be in my underwear.Pam said that it wasn't as big a deal to see boys in their underwear,especially at my age.Compared to Missy being almost 15.I still refused but she pointed out to me that I was outnumbered five to one,then they surrounded me and took my clothes!They were all over me,and if I hadn't been so embarrassed it might have been fun.All of them laughing and giggling and pulling at my clothes,me trying to get away from them and cussing them!When they stopped I was in my briefs and Missy got behind them to put on my pants,shirt and even my shoes.She did give me the t shirt to wear,it was just long enough to cover my underwear but still very embarrassing.Judy said that it looked like a dress!I was so embarrassed my face must have been glowing.We walked back to my cousins' house and plenty of people saw me along the way,kids and adults.I wanted to die!Finally we got there and Missy borrowed some clothes from Pam,I was given mine and she even thanked me for them.It sure wasn't being a hero like I'd pictured it.I was humiliated over the whole experience!

Posted by crawfish on 2004-11-29 00:10:15

Terrific story. And I can picture it happening because you told it so well.

Posted by outnumbered on 2004-11-29 01:35:50

It happened alright,and it's burned into my memory.When I think about it I still get embarrassed.I can remember how I felt walking down the sidewalk behind the girls in broad daylight,in my underwear.Trying to stay hidden behind them and hold the t shirt down over my briefs but having everyone we passed see me.The girls didn't get in any hurry to get back either,they took their time.I felt so ackward and embarrassed.My crush on Missy never went anywhere because she always saw me as this silly little boy.

Posted by the Tuffgirl on 2004-11-29 02:57:29

You do tell that well and it's interesting that you still feel like a silly little boy when you think of it.It's long over with now though,so get over it.So you had to walk a few blocks in your underwear with a girl you had a crush on.The world didn't end,and those girls have something to look back on and laugh about!LOL

Posted by bonnieblubonnett on 2004-11-30 16:41:25

Hi, outnumbered:

Your statement from Pam--that it was no big deal to see a boy in his underpants--was quite ignorant. It IS a big deal, to the boy especially. I've learned from conversations I've had about this over the years that boys assign a lot to being masculine and retaining their dignity--boys don't cry, take it like a man plays into this expectation we have for our sons and brothers.

When a boy has an experience like yours or Still Embarrassed's, it degrades and lowers his self-perception. Girls can see an opportunity and take advantage of this because the boy is at a disadvantage scantily clothed or nude. If a girl's caught in her underwear like Missy, it's cute, funny, feminine. A boy in underpants doesn't enjoy such forgiveness by society and he's considered weak or unmanly. Why are boys pantsed mostly, rather than girls?

If girls are pantsed, it's called molesting. If boys are pantsed,it's called initiation, funny, revenge, proving himself. Is there a double standard here? A male friend and I have discussed this and also why do girls wear thongs and bikinis that barely cover themselves and yet would be mortified to be seen in bras and panties? Why do we make a distinction? There must be something about one's underwear that sets off a different reaction.

Tuffgirl's advice might be something to consider but right now, from what I gather, you're not at that point. That the girls are still laughing about it doesn't help. This memory was seared and the only thing I can suggest is to let the scar remind you to be more kind and respectful than they were. It WAS rotten.

My experience with Cliffy was mutual--he was a willing player or it wouldn't have been fun for me to see him so vulnerable and revealing. When you have to take something from someone, the triumph is short-lived. So you end up having to take more, take again. Might be the motivation for thieves and rapists, perhaps. Any thoughts?