Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Gym Towel etiquette

older Y facility

Posted by Steve ST on 2005-02-20 02:32:17

Most guys doi not wear anything between locker and showers-- shaving it is about even I guess towel wearers and those who do not. I would guess in anewer health club facility ther maybe more modesty. This is an older Y and I suppose it is just the way things have been

Posted by tomw on 2005-02-21 20:18:48

Newer Gym

My gym's been open for a coupe of years - its about 50/50 totally nude/towels for both showers and for after grooming - younger = less modest. Also, I've noticed in the past year or so, most who opt for nudie are also trimming/shaving their pubics - anyone else pick up on that?

Posted by eric92 on 2005-02-22 22:21:15

I am a sophomore in HS and I shave my pubic hair. I have noticed that most of the guys who are shaved or trimmed walk to the showers with towel in hand or on their shoulders; guys who keep a bush seem to wrap the towel around their waist.

Posted by HairyLady on 2005-02-23 06:09:59

Also, I've noticed in the past year >or so, most who opt for nudie are >also trimming/shaving their pubics - >anyone else pick up on that?

Yes. Big bushes are out of style these days (tho' I love mine!). I see that at my gym too, but I refuse to participate in it.

Posted by tomw on 2005-02-24 02:50:42

Shave/trim demographic

So is shaving/trimming skewed mostly towards the younger women/men or is the practice pretty well distributed across the age groups?