Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Is Circumcision a good practice?

Circumcised is better

Posted by lori143 on 2005-01-26 02:59:20

I think that circumcision is a good thing for boys. From what I have read and heard it is healthier to be circumcised. There is a lower chance of getting HIV if the guy is circumcised and boys that have been circumcised won't have problems with their d-i-c-k later on. I also like the look of a guy whose head shows all the time. All of my friends like circumcised ones better too. I know that some won't agree with me and that is ok but I just wanted to tell how I feel about it. Lorianne

Posted by wasserball on 2005-03-13 04:50:27

I'm circumcised, and I would have my son circumcised for traditional family reasons.

Posted by FKM on 2005-07-31 21:36:55

When I was 30 years old I went to London on a business trip. I went out for my morning run and tripped in the street and hurt my leg. The hotel gave me the name of a local doctor they used and I went to him. When I went into the room for him to check the injury he asked me to "disrobe down to my skin". When I removed my undershorts he looked at me nude and said, "are you Jewish?" When I said no, he asked then why are you circumcised? I told him I din't know, he'd need to ask my parents. He seemed stunned and said nothing more about it.

Posted by Reece on 2005-11-12 12:48:39

Hello I actually agree with Lorianne. I am a 24 year old male and I am currently looking to get circumcised. From what I can see in fitness centres, gyms etc, circumcision does actually appear to be on the increase. This is also appears to be the case among my current circle of friends too. Current trends also dictate that as more and more people are becoming health concious & image concious, the popularity of circumcision will increase rather than decrease. In terms of a preventative measure to contracting HIV, I did read an on-line medical journal (i'll see if I can find the link again) suggesting that due to the amount of skin removed during circumcision, the HIV virus was less likely to penetrate through the thicker skin & attack the bodys immune system. The journal also went onto explain the statistics of HIV / Aids in Africa, suggesting that although it is not impossible, it showed that there was a lower percentage of HIV contraction among the circumcised males, compared to the uncircumcised population. Now I don't always believe everything I read, but I keep an open mind. At the end of the day it is a personal choice, & it is my choice that I am getting circumcised, both for hygiene & cosmetic purposes, & yes my gf is delighted. :) Rgds REECE

Posted by gogglewoggle on 2008-02-06 19:11:00

http://www.misterpoll.com/3609828229.html