Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Use of Jockstraps in America

For what sports, at what age

Posted by JustCurious on 2004-08-09 01:23:59

I'm 17 and when I was little I remember having to jock with hard cup for some sports (I forgot which, either hockey baseball or soccer) I was watching the little league world series on tv and it seems that they all wear cups, do you usually wear a cup for baseball? I don't think that was why I wore a cup, think it was hockey, and a jock for soccer. So what sports did you guys wear them for, and at what age did you start wearing them?

Posted by Sam Jones on 2004-09-01 01:10:08

I live next door to a Little League coach whose son plays on his team. He told me one time that he makes all his team boys wear hard cups, that the boys don't like them, and that when a game is over and he herds his crew into a shed to debrief them about the game, they usually ask right away, "Can we take our cups out now?" He does allow them to do that. He told me that some wear sliding shorts with pockets that holds their cups, while others wear traditional jocks with hard cups. He said his own boy prefers a jock with its own cup and then separate sliding shorts. Some years ago a guy told me that he was required to wear a jock with a hard cup for youth soccer.

========== In Reply To ========== I'm 17 and when I was little I remember having to jock with hard cup for some sports (I forgot which, either hockey baseball or soccer) I was watching the little league world series on tv and it seems that they all wear cups, do you usually wear a cup for baseball? I don't think that was why I wore a cup, think it was hockey, and a jock for soccer. So what sports did you guys wear them for, and at what age did you start wearing them?

Posted by FireMillenFoSho on 2006-01-06 01:07:47

I started to wear them at age 6 for hockey and baseball. Im 11 and still do the same

Posted by bike 101 on 2006-01-24 03:37:48

What is your favorite jock to wear? p,orofino@att.net

Posted by bike 101 on 2006-01-24 03:40:10

What sports and what ages?

I got my first at age 9 a bike #10. p.orofino@att.net