Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Who are your favorite PEANUTS characters?

Anyone but Schulz? NO!

Posted by hzrdchip@aol.com on 2000-01-28 01:22:55

I can't BELIEVE that even 22% of the people who have voted on this poll think that ANYONE except Charles Schulz could do "Peanuts". Charles Schulz IS Peanuts and as much as I'll miss the strip, having anyone else attempt it would be an abomination. We're not talking "Garfield" here! 22% of the voters are DEAD WRONG! This should be 0%.

Posted by Trina on 2000-04-02 22:52:42

I don't believe that anyone would be able to match Schulz style in writing Peanuts, but it is not necessarily a terrible thing when the comic is taken over by someone else. Blondie is still a good strip, even though the creator's son carries in on in his absence.

========== In Reply To ========== I can't BELIEVE that even 22% of the people who have voted on this poll think that ANYONE except Charles Schulz could do "Peanuts". Charles Schulz IS Peanuts and as much as I'll miss the strip, having anyone else attempt it would be an abomination. We're not talking "Garfield" here! 22% of the voters are DEAD WRONG! This should be 0%.

Posted by LyNn on 2000-04-09 21:22:06

I think you hit that right on the head. Schulz is Peanuts. Most if not all of his characters came from some part of his life. I don't feel anyone could fill his shoes. ========== In Reply To ========== I can't BELIEVE that even 22% of the people who have voted on this poll think that ANYONE except Charles Schulz could do "Peanuts". Charles Schulz IS Peanuts and as much as I'll miss the strip, having anyone else attempt it would be an abomination. We're not talking "Garfield" here! 22% of the voters are DEAD WRONG! This should be 0%.

Posted by tim on 2000-04-15 15:10:58

========== In Reply To ========== I can't BELIEVE that even 22% of the people who have voted on this poll think that ANYONE except Charles Schulz could do "Peanuts". Charles Schulz IS Peanuts and as much as I'll miss the strip, having anyone else attempt it would be an abomination. We're not talking "Garfield" here! 22% of the voters are DEAD WRONG! This should be 0%.

I agree I think that there is no way anyone should continue the comic strip. I also enjoy the classic peanuts because it shows the past and it continues to entertain me.