Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Who are your favorite PEANUTS characters?

I don't like Peanuts

Posted by Tina on 2000-12-24 08:45:05

I don't like Peanuts. It's not funny. It's just so classic that Schults started putting anything in the strip that he thought was 'charming,' and if you had put any of these jokes anywhere else they wouldn't seem as charming to you b/c it's not Peanuts. That kind of annoys me but not nearly as much as how he keeps publishing his strip in the paper under 'classic peanuts.' Hells I would too if I could get a ton of money for not making any new strips. I think South Park put it best when they said "why do Peanuts characters; always talk; like this; "

Posted by MONIQUE on 2001-11-21 04:05:57

If you don't like Peanuts, you should leave this message board. The only reason why they have classic Peanuts is because Charles is Dead. Duh!

Posted by Donald Dumpsfiels on 2007-04-02 19:01:44

Who are favorite PEANUTS characters?

I hung out with Shultz about thirty years ago. I stopped off at his house and saw a file cabinet. I asked him about it and he said it held work that nobody but Evergreen Magazine would touch. He pulled out a couple copies of Evergreen and showed me. He said it was his best work. I opened it and saw it was about a Jew who ran a news stand with a big selection of homosexual magazines. Many of his customers for the smut were people who were fundamentalist Republicans. At the end of each strip would be a quote from the Talmud.