Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Back To The Future?

There's nothing wrong with Depo-Provera.

Posted by Joanne on 2000-06-23 13:16:08

There's nothing wrong with Depo-Provera. Why do people want to get it banned just because they don't like it? If it was banned then it would spoil people's contraceptive choice.

Posted by mel on 2001-02-18 13:31:01

========== In Reply To ========== There's nothing wrong with Depo-Provera. Why do people want to get it banned just because they don't like it? If it was banned then it would spoil people's contraceptive choice.

I agree. I just started taking Depo(had my first injection mid-January)and I love it! My Feb period was nothing more than some spotting and the debilitating cramps did not show up! From most of the stories I have read on this site, it doesn't sound like anyone even researched the drug. I know Depo can effect people differently, heck 2 of own cousins were at opposite ends of the spectrum with it. One stopped bleeding entirely and the other bled for 9 months. So far all is well for me. The week I got my shot, I did notice that I was eating way more than usual. I have NOT gained any weight though. I started watching what I ate a little more closely! I'm sorry for those who have had bad experiences with Depo and I hope things improve for you all. As for me, I look forward to many years with Depo as my contraceptive.

Posted by mel on 2001-02-18 13:32:02

========== In Reply To ========== There's nothing wrong with Depo-Provera. Why do people want to get it banned just because they don't like it? If it was banned then it would spoil people's contraceptive choice.

I agree. I just started taking Depo(had my first injection mid-January)and I love it! My Feb period was nothing more than some spotting and the debilitating cramps did not show up! From most of the stories I have read on this site, it doesn't sound like anyone even researched the drug. I know Depo can effect people differently, heck 2 of own cousins were at opposite ends of the spectrum with it. One stopped bleeding entirely and the other bled for 9 months. So far all is well for me. The week I got my shot, I did notice that I was eating way more than usual. I have NOT gained any weight though. I started watching what I ate a little more closely! I'm sorry for those who have had bad experiences with Depo and I hope things improve for you all. As for me, I look forward to many years with Depo as my contraceptive.

Posted by mel on 2001-02-18 13:34:25

Posted by mel on 2001-02-18 13:37:08