Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Green Day vs. Red Hot Chili Peppers

Green Day

Posted by S.O.A.D. on 2007-04-16 02:19:52

They're both amazing bands, but I think Green Day has 'em beat. Their lyrics are better and more meaningful, both politically and personally. And, they just have too many good songs to be beaten. But they're both one of the greatest bands of all time.

Posted by anthony tesauro on 2007-04-20 01:26:40

red hot chili peppers song lyrics are better.and they r better periord....

Posted by S.O.A.D. on 2007-04-23 02:59:18

RHCP's lyrics are better? Please elaborate...how are they better? They have great lyrics, sure, but they haven't exactly come out and made a political statement like Green Day has.

Posted by Lord_Belial on 2007-04-24 22:33:22

RHCP aren't about making political statements you jackass. And it's not as if Green Day is saving the world either with their trite lyrics.

Posted by S.O.A.D. on 2007-04-25 01:55:33

I'm the jacka$$, yet I'm the only one so far on this message board that has made a point. I've backed up what I've said. The only information you can manage to provide is "they're not about politics you jacka$$"...backed up your point really great there.

Furthermore, I wasn't saying everyone is supposed to sing about politics...I was just using that as an example of what Green Day does. They've made a memorable and very applicable statement through their lyrics. Name one thing RHCP has achieved with their lyrics.

And further further more, RHCP is great, but they can't beat Green Day's list of hits.....

-when i come around -the grouch -basketcase -brain stew -boulevard of broken dreams -Jesus of Suburbia -american idiot -good riddance -welcome to paradise -holiday -when sept. ends -minority

.....to name a few