Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

School dress codes

Our Dress Code

Posted by Jennysassygirl on 2007-05-11 00:30:08

Our school is private and we have a dress code. We have to wear a blue plaid skirt and it CANNOT be more than two inches above the knee. Our shirt has to be a white long sleeve button shirt and ONLY the top button can be open. We can wear a blue sweater if it’s cold. We have to wear pantyhose or white socks to just below the knee, NOTHING else is allowed including bare legs. We are not allowed to wear thongs or anything the principal thinks is bad. Like we can’t wear panties with crazy messages or slogans or pictures on them. They have to be plain, but they can be any color. Also our bras have to be plain and not show through our shirts. jennysassygirl@yahoo.com

Posted by Donald Dumpsfiels on 2007-06-08 19:57:05

School Dress Code

The Maryland Correctional Institute for Women in Jessup has a dress code. When they first come the inmates wear purple jumpsuits. They have to march in formation which is why they are called "grapes".

Posted by blondbabe on 2007-08-11 04:33:34

When I went to school the dress code was:

Option 1: Long or short sleeved white blouse and navy knee length skirt. Pantyhose or white knee highs. Court shoes with heels no higher than 2". Navy blazer or sweater optional.

Option 2: Long or short sleeved white shirt and navy ankle length slacks. Black socks. Shoes with heels no higher than 1". Navy sport coat or sweater optional.

Originally option 1 was the girls uniform and 2 was the boys. It turned out that the school could not discriminate and the options became interchangeable regardless of sex, but had to be worn in their entirety.

Even though I was a guy, I wore a girls uniform many times

Posted by smallshorts on 2009-10-22 22:43:02

Hi Pudge

I wore a similar uniform to you until I was 14 at school. My parents insisted on it. This included the wearing of very short grey flannel shorts.

When at home I still wore shorts of all kinds until I was in my late teens. This included grey flannel short trousers for best.

Posted by smallshorts on 2009-11-23 18:43:05

Pudge you said you were 12 in 2007. It is 2009 now. By my reckoning you are 14. Are you still in your grey shorts. Apologies if I am wrong but is it perhaps a fantasy?.