Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

sockfooting

Recent sighting

Posted by MPC1421191727 on 2008-02-24 11:06:50

I finally saw some other sockfooters in my area. I was in Walmart wearing a pair of black stained white ankle socks. All of the sudden I noticed a boy about 10 dash in front of me in his socks. At first, I figured that he must have just been trying on shoes or something, but when I looked again, I could see that the bottoms of his socks were pitch black. As I turned the corner, I saw him meet up with his father who was also in socks. A young girl, maybe 5, was sitting in the shopping cart with equally filthy socks and no shoes. I approached the dad and said that it was cool that you are all out in just socks. The dad said that he used to love to go around in socks when he was a kid, but wasn't allowed. His parents didn't want him getting his socks dirty. As a way of rebelling, he started going in his socks all the time and raised his kids that way. The boy said that it was cool and they go out sometimes and see who can get the dirtiest sock soles. The kids both said that they only wear shoes in school and usually kick them off. We exchanged contact info an promised to meet up again some time. As we were all leaving the store, I noticed it had been raining. The kids both eagerly starting splashing through the puddles without any care of being in their socks. What a cool day.

Posted by shoeless_mark on 2008-03-03 05:32:02

Wow, some sole mates. Look long and hard enough, and you'll find them.

Posted by jaymeister on 2008-11-08 23:52:09

I also had some recent sightings. I saw a group of teenagers come into the bowling alley with their parents. None of the kids were wearing shoes. They were all in their socks. I had also seen a couple walking recently. She was wearing sandals and he was in his socks. It is not very often that the girl is in shoes and the guy is in socks. I also saw a group of people playing basketball in the driveway. They were also in their socks. On election day one of the canvaseers was working in stocking feet.

Posted by jaymeister on 2009-08-23 20:52:53

Recent sighting: I saw two girls walking in their socks into a convenince store. One had on white socks and the other had red socks with white polka dots.

Posted by jaymeister on 2009-11-03 20:18:13

Recent sightings: I was visiting a sick friend and the home health care worker showed up wearing white socks and no shoes. I also saw some kids in a park playing football in their socks. When the game was over and the kids went to pick up their shoes it appeared that some of them did not even bring shoes with them.