Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Kids and Smoking

kids and smoking

Posted by smooth as silk on 2002-11-20 20:13:07

i started when i was 5 years old, am now 33, and i don't for one second regret it!! i smoke about 2 packs a day and inhale, my mom started me smoking. i know what they say the health risks are (and from my and my mothers experience i think they are highly exaggerated) and if smoking puts me at a greater risk for them, then so be it. i truly love to smoke!! the best feeling to me when smoking is drawing it into my lungs and then seeing it come out slowly!!!! i exercise everyday and i feel just fine!!! every year, i have a physical and so far nothing has come up, EVER. one of my favorite activities is smoking with my girlfriend and we will do the french kiss to each other with our smoke, it's so sexy!!! my mom smoked 2 packs a day (and inhaled very deeply) for almost 60 years!! she died of a heart attack about a year ago (didn't suffer or anything like that). when they did the autopsy, her lungs were riddled with tumors. but still, that doesn't bother me because i like to smoke, and as long as that's what pleases me, so be it. if thats what happens to me, fine!!!!!!!!! if a kid wants to smoke, let them!!!!

Posted by Gonzo Barry on 2003-04-10 03:54:34

========== In Reply To ========== I have a 7 year old son. My wife and I started him when he was 5. He kept begging to try smoking, so we let him. He began on Kools, and now smokes Marlboros and Luckies (which is my brand.) He manages 5 to 10 cigarettes a day. His cousins who are a few years older than him smoke too. He loves to smoke. He likes spit tobacco and cigars as well, though he doesn't inhale the cigars. He suffers in school, but first thing he comes home he lights up and takes a deep drag. I love sharing a smoke with him. I'm sure the diseases associated with smoking will be cured by the time he's an adult. If they're not, I'm sure he'll be able to quit if he has a problem. They will have better techniques for quitting by that time. He has a three year old sister. We are already letting her take little puffs off our cigarettes.

Posted by cityslicker12 on 2003-07-20 00:58:24

========== In Reply To ========== You horrible people, are you trying to make your kids suffer? Aprox 1 cigg. will take 15 mins off an average persons lifespan, note this is the average person, not a 7 yrd kid. for a 7 yrd kid to smoke more than 1 ciggarette per day the effects would be much greater and could possibly cause a child to delay, or have problems maturing! Also, 1 ciggarette has about 4,000 toxins in it, 1 them being carbon monoxide which can be leathal if exposed to enough of . Its even worse you let him chew tobacco. Chew tobacco can destroy ones mouth by causing cancerous cells to develop in the mouth and spread. Its bad enough you smoke. Even if a cure or better method is developed to stop smoking it could never take back all the years of harm smoking has done to your body. I've known some people who have died from smoking related problems in their 40's and every single one of them had children and a wife. Imagine how the children felt when the parent passed awayand it all could have been prevented if the person had'nt ever picked up a ciggarette in the first place. I can almost promise you your kids will be in misery at some point in their lives. I hope you read this and get something out of the pagagraph long response I just wrote you. After you read this, think it through you can save your childs life. Thanks

Posted by kevin2 on 2003-11-09 16:22:38

========== In Reply To ========== I have a 7 year old son. My wife and I started him when he was 5. He kept begging to try smoking, so we let him. He began on Kools, and now smokes Marlboros and Luckies (which is my brand.) He manages 5 to 10 cigarettes a day. His cousins who are a few years older than him smoke too. He loves to smoke. He likes spit tobacco and cigars as well, though he doesn't inhale the cigars. He suffers in school, but first thing he comes home he lights up and takes a deep drag. I love sharing a smoke with him. I'm sure the diseases associated with smoking will be cured by the time he's an adult. If they're not, I'm sure he'll be able to quit if he has a problem. They will have better techniques for quitting by that time. He has a three year old sister. We are already letting her take little puffs off our cigarettes

Fine.I started smoking at 6,my wife at 7,and we let our young kids smoking now,they are 5 and 7,they do have the same pleasure we had to smoke young.

Posted by strict dad on 2003-11-29 16:23:13

========== In Reply To ==========

I have two girls aged 10 and 13 who both smoke. the younger lightly and the elder quite heavily. Myself and my wife have no problem with this at all