Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Back to boyhood!

Plenty of time to be an adult

Posted by yagmaget on 2008-06-16 10:31:57

Too many kids these days want to grow up too soon. You'll have plenty of time to be an adult. I like to keep my kids young and think it woudl be better if more parents did the same.

Posted by smallshorts on 2009-07-13 20:13:07

Quite right, the best way to go about it is to keep boys in good looking trim short trousers for as long as possible.

Grey short trousers for school, and other shorts for home. All should be neat and brief. They can stay in this ensemble until the late teens.

Posted by schoolboyshorts on 2009-07-18 01:21:25

all schools should return to an old fashioned school uniform. this should include a smart blazer and cap, grey short trousers(mid thigh or shorter)knee socks and black shoes. i,m sure the boys would soon get used to wearing this, and behaviour would improve.

Posted by smallshorts on 2009-09-06 13:51:55

Grey shorts are indeed smart. I wore them to school until I was 14. It was the early 1970s so they were very short with an inseam of no more than 1 or 2 inches.

I continued wearing them at home for best until I was 16 or 17. They were always worn with shirt, tie and long socks.

I also wore other short trousers of a more casual nature. These included dungaree shorts and many pairs of very brief denim shorts.