Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Harnessed Children

Convenience

Posted by Kierra U on 2023-12-09 21:58:10

I am a single parent and I restrain my kid. it is so much easier to keep track of her while she is in her restraints. I elected to buy her a straitjacket and ankle shackles instead of just a harness, and it has worked wonders for me lol. She keeps her hands to herself and is only able to move at walking speed. I found it also helps her sleep, as she is unable to turn on the tv or use her phone and can instead enjoy a good sleep. It really does help.

Posted by Carinne on 2024-02-07 14:17:03

I restrain my hyperactive boy with bipolar disorder too. Not for convenience only but to keep him off from wandering, escaping and violent acting up. I never had him wearing a jacket as u describe it. However, off and on I wished he would. It would make it easier for me handling and controlling him in difficult situations.
In bed, he wears an escape-proof harness, often in combination with wrist and ankle restraints. https://www.dropbox.com/s/l53ahzecwefwign/kombifix%20Gr%20M.jpg?dl=0

All our restraints are with magnetic locks, so fairly tamperproof, except one back tie vest. How far apart do adjust are her ankle cuffs? Ours are around 10" (25cm) but I feel shorter would further improve discipline. You may msg me private for more details if You wish.

Posted by Kierra U on 2024-02-07 20:53:16

Good on you for taking care of your kid. I hope this helps manage. I cannot recommend straitjackets enough. They are perfect for restraint, comfort, and safety. It has definitely made my life easier. She also wears her restraints to bed. Usually I place her ankle cuffs around 30cm apart. Reducing it would most likely help improve discipline if he ever acts up though.

Posted by Carinne on 2024-02-08 20:31:26

I agree, just a straitjacket is more convenient and possibly far more economical than our expensive restraining system. How do You secure her in bed for not strolling around at night? Are there any attaches or rings for straps provided? Does she sleep with her arms crossed and hands tight near to the body, or do You loosen the straps for more comfort? Our harness and the safety vest are for use in bed or on a care chair. The ankle and wrist cuffs are the same for night and day use. For day use, I attach them to a locking waste-belt. Depending on how tight or loose they are attached, he can pursuit most of the normal activities. For temporary total immobilizing, I tug the cuffs tight to the belt and have him wearing padded hand mittens.

Posted by Kierra U on 2024-02-09 20:33:23

The straitjacket does not have any rings. Instead I use a pair of arm cuffs that I put around her upper arms, over the jacket and then attach those to the straps on the bed. I also use ankle restraints to keep her legs secure as well. She sleeps with her arms crossed in front of her. The jacket has a strap in the front that keeps her arms from moving too much or being pulled over her head. I do not loosen it, instead I try to ensure there is not much slack in it. The reason being is that the jacket is already comfortable and keeping it loose might compromise safety. It is the same for day use as well, except I use her ankle cuffs to still let her walk around, just not quickly.