Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

A Spanking Poll

Prefer spanking to grounding

Posted by KatieW on 2010-04-04 20:16:02

I don't like being spanked - it hurts, but I would rather be spanked than grounded, which is boring.

Katie

Posted by Malcom on 2010-04-10 22:18:15

Oh I totally agree. I have never been grounded but it's gotta suck, yeah spanking hurts But it's only minutes not hours or days

Posted by billbank2002 on 2010-04-12 00:37:35

As I just wrote in another message area, I actually overheard my oldest boy telling a friend that he'd rather get spanked than grounded. He said much the same: that it hurts -- and trust me: the lexan paddle I use with holes in it DOES HURT!! -- but that after you get over it, it's done and you move on. He said he really hated it when he got grounded and get to hating his mother and me. So he'd rather get the paddle and have it over with, and that when he knew he deserved it, it was O.K. to get it, even though you cry like mad because of the fiery pain.

I think boys can handle a good spanking just fine, so long as they understand that they deserve it and that they are getting it within the context a a lot of love in the family. It would make many a household a more peaceful place to let a boy get the paddle real good and then have it over with.

Posted by Sam Jones on 2010-04-15 00:48:47

I fully agree with the above. When boys know they deserve it on the butt, I think they can take it quite well, get over it, and get on with it. Important always: lots of love for the boy immediately after he stop crying AND in the coming days. Without lots of love in the family, any corporal punishment gets reduced to pain and anguish and torture alone, and the boy will hardly learn his lesson very well from that. It's when he "hurts" and cries bad within the context of strong love and in his embarrassment as to how he disappointed his mother or father that a good spanking can help him best.

Posted by Olip on 2010-04-18 01:10:54

Yeah, I'd rather get paddled than grounded, too, even though my dad uses one of those lexan paddles. And it has holes in it to make it sting even worse! It's like fire on your butt, and you cry until you can't cry hard enough. But I'd still rather get the paddle than a week in my room. I start to hate my parents when I get grounded. I don't hate my dad when he licks me, because I know he's giving it to me for my own good. So you try to learn from the burn on your butt!! I think I learn better from that than from having to stay in my room and getting mad.