Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Nudism

Parental mixed messages

Posted by Skyfox on 2010-07-06 03:29:43

I have to wonder if or why anybody would take their kids to a nude beach, and then object to the kids seeing people of the opposite sex nude. What would the parents expect? Such an action would send very mixed messages to the kids.

Posted by mister tom on 2010-07-18 16:10:12

I agree with Skyfox. If the parents have any doubts about their kids interacting with kids of the opposite sex they shouldn't bring them to a nude beach. Having said that, I am curious about what age these kids would be. For a couple of the questions, assuming the parent has brought the kids despite some misgivings, it would make a difference if the children are very young or teenagers. Having your teenage daughter wander off with a teenage boy could be more stressful than if they were perhaps 8 or 9. Even then, the nudity might not be the main concern. Keeping an eye on your kids at the beach is just good parenting, regardless of age, nudity, etc.

Posted by dick100 on 2010-07-19 08:28:58

We are all nude at home all of the time. We go to topless and nude beaches as often as we can. My wife and two daughters (15 & 17) have never had an issue with nudity. We never make it an issue. We just go around naked all of the time.

Posted by spartanboy on 2010-07-20 03:55:33

I would love to go to a nude beach or resort, but I'm pretty sure my parents would freak out. Im 16 and I have a 13 year old brother and we share a bothroom so we have seen each other naked a lot and neither of us really thinks anything of it and I hang out naked in my room or around the house if Im the only one home. They aren't totally prudes about nudity but I can't imagine them agreeing to go to a nude beach or resort.

Posted by LadyJ on 2010-08-02 21:29:35

I wasn't raised as a nudist but my husband was. He had me at his parents house when I was almost 17. Everyone was naked. I finally took off my clothes and no one seemed to notice. It was very strange.