Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Restraining Kids (harness, leash etc.)

Children should be harnessed.

Posted by Jessica Smaleryder on 2020-03-24 17:39:54

My son is homeschooled and I restrain him during school. He sits in a chair with his ankles, thigh, and torso tied to the chair so he can not move. I also tie one of his arms to the chair so he only has one arm free. The reason I keep one arms free is so he can raise his hand if he wants to speak. Other than that he must keep his arm still at all times except to raise it. If he moves his arm without the intent to raise it he gets punished. If he talks out of turn he gets punished.

Posted by Lizy Li on 2020-06-08 02:55:30

Hi. I just found this. For context, I used to live in China but am now in Canada. Whilst in China, I was nearly kidnapped during a shopping trip. When my family moved to Canada about 10ish years ago, my parents immediately bought a harness for me and have been wearing it since in public to avoid similar incidents. I currently have a caretaker who supervises (holds) my leash as well for most outings. If you have any questions, I can be reached at lizy.li2024@gmail.com

Posted by carg85 on 2020-06-13 12:08:01

Hi Lizy, do you know what brand of harness you have, or can you describe it?
Do your parents think the harness is safe enough by itself, or does it get locked on you to make it extra safe?
Do you only wear it outside? Under a coat, or open for all to see?

Posted by Jack_Masters on 2020-06-21 18:15:57

So which is better, do you think: 1) Securing the kids' wrists/hands to the chest with a harness, or 2) securing the hands behind the back? If you're going to gag them as well, and their hands are secured to their chest area, wouldn't they be able to reach the gag?