Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

cannibalism scenario one

given it real thought

Posted by Enquiring Mind on 2014-02-06 22:47:23

Most of the voters so far have said they would participate in sports even if a player from the losing team was served for dinner. But I wonder if they really gave any thought to the fact it could be them on the menu? What it would be like to hear your name announced or a hand on your shoulder pulling you out of the line up knowing it meant being slaughtered and served as the main course at the other teams banquet?

Posted by Cannibals All on 2014-02-06 23:01:35

I'd be OK with being picked I think. If it's accepted practice chances are I would have witnessed it on televised sporting events or even one of my brothers picked. I'd go into each game knowing someone on that field will be slaughtered that night- maybe from my team, maybe from the other, and if my team loses and I'm the one chosen- so be it! I'd just strip off and await further instructions concerning my, um, role in that nights festivities.

Don't get me wrong! I think it would totally suck to be the one picked! But the rules are the rules and I signed on with full knowlege of the practice there for accepting the risk of being slaughtered.

Posted by Darkside666 on 2014-03-19 03:51:29

I would assume many younger athletes would have the attitude "it's not gonna happen to me!". But if this type of cannibalism was common and accepted practice, then I'd suppose the athletes would grudgingly accept their fate. It would be much like a soldier --- when someone enlists in the military, they know there is a significant chance they could be killed in combat, but somehow the military still manages to get enough people volunteering to serve, despite the inherent hazards. You always assume it will happen to "the other guy".

Yeah I'm sure their hearts sank when they heard their name announced or they were pulled out of line, but such was life under those conditions. If we all dwelled on what COULD happen to us, we'd never get out of bed in the morning! LOL

Posted by Enquiring Mind on 2014-03-19 12:28:42

"'I'd be OK with being picked I think."

What a very obliging attitude!

Posted by Enquiring Mind on 2014-03-19 12:29:42

'I would assume many younger athletes would have the attitude "it's not gonna happen to me!".'

But how would YOU react?