Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Surrveillance and spying on citizenz by security agencies

Surveillance of citizens by authorities - and overview

Posted by Aquila on 2013-06-17 06:15:46

The surveillance done by NSA and other secret services are only a part of the total bulk of surveillance activities citizens in all countries are subjected to. The surveiilance is targeted at you, your family and your children in a rather intimate way. The following article gives a comprehensive overview about the whole issue.

http://www.eioba.com/a/49u9/domestic-surveillance-and-spying-a-threat-against-average-citizens

Posted by shaun h on 2013-07-09 14:49:01

If you've nothing to hide, then why be afraid of the Government keeping your data on record? Sorry, but what I think and post on sites like this is no business of the government! And if you think I'm being paranoid, just go and read "1984" or "Brave New World". Maybe then, you might just realise where this kind of surveillance can lead! For a real-world example, just consider what the old Soviet Union would have been like if the Politburo had had access to modern I.T. and similar. Nobody would have been able to claim any kind of private life!

Posted by It'sIt on 2013-08-26 01:26:14

The real problem with this is human nature. When license is given to do something, it will always be abused. This is not an opinion, it's a fact of human history. It's only a matter of time before the "bad" people being spied on become you. Which has to do with the other aspect of this: Keeping & maintaining Power.

As he chillingly said so true: “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.” -- Joseph Goebbels, Hitler’s Propaganda Minister

Hence: “Governments are far more dangerous than other elements within society ... Politics have no relation to morals.” -- Necolo Machiavelli

Because: “And remember, where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. All power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.” -- Lord Acton

Posted by shaun h on 2013-08-27 15:11:17

Yeah, Lord Acton had it precisely right! Like another political philosopher put it, all that is necessary for evil to win, is that the good do nothing. And it looks to me as if what he said is coming true. Not that I have any problem with Obama, but he don't have overall control, so if there happens to be a "vested interests" group in Washington who want to do something that is unconstitutional, so long as they can disguise it, they could change the situation without us even knowing it. So keep an eye on the news, cos as Bob Dylan said, "you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows"!

Posted by barbirolli on 2014-06-27 20:26:17

Actually, let's get it right for once: "...Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupt absolutely".