Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Mothers who oversee their sons' or daughters' marriages.

Mom training her son's wife

Posted by SusanB on 2015-06-08 19:09:30

My daughter-in-law of 20, who lives with us, showed me this poll. She has one of her own on training a young wife. She lives with us and is very much under my discipline and supervision, as is my 23 yo daughter. My girl is much better behaved and seldom needs correction. In fact we leave emily (dil) in her charge sometimes when we are out or away. My son, em's hubby, is away at work and agreed that his new wife needed regular and strict discipline and that she should get it from his father and me when needed. I spank her bare bottom over my knee with a hairbrush when needed, usually a couple of times a week. For serious matters, my husband canes her in the living room Sunday mornings after church. For this she must be completely naked, no matter who is present (even the pastor and his family) and must serve an hour of nude corner time after. She also gets extra chores, mouth-soaping, grounding, early bed as needed.

She does best with strict rules about everything - dress code, bedtime, chores, respect, obedience - and severe consequences when she breaks them. She is already doing better but has a long way to go. My daughter is much better behaved and seldom needs correction.

Posted by emily5 on 2015-06-10 18:28:09

Thanks, mommy! As MIL says, I live with my SIL, 23 yo, and her parents, hubby away for work. MIL and FIL discipline me often. Now SIL has joined the team, though she herself gets spanked (very) occasionally and is about the same age (i'm 20). I think she enjoys ordering me about, scolding me, baring my bottom, spanking me till i'm blubbering and pleading, and making me stand or kneel in embarrassing positions in the corner. She has seem my hubby and her parents punish me before and now she is eager to do her bit. So far i've only had 2 spankings from her but i'm sure there will be more to follow. Hubby says it will be good for me.

MIL made me do a poll at http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/602365. I think SIL has been encouraging her friends to vote for the strictest measures, especially now that the votes are close to 300, when the results will determine my fate for the next 100 votes. Apart from the cane and hairbrush from her parents, she and her friends (and MIL) want me to continue to receive a monthly birching. The numbers were just below 50% which meant i would not be getting any more after my 3rd one in a week or so. But now, thanks to SIL and friends (and my own younger sisters and boy cousins, i suspect) they are creeping up to the 50% mark, with only a few more votes to go.

Posted by J B Whittlespoon on 2015-06-11 01:04:06

MIL's

I am looking for an exchange of messages or e-mail if you like from some of these MIL's that answered the poll. I placed the poll and really don't know how to tell who answered. But I had a MIL who supervised me a few years in a marriage and would like to see how and what you did in keeping control of your sons and or daughters marriages.

J B

Posted by SusanB on 2015-06-11 12:54:44

Hi JB,

I don't have a separate e-mail for such matters, but I'm happy to discuss on here. Or you can e-mail via my DIL, emily.edwards5@aol.com, putting To Susan in the subject heading. You can start, here or there, by telling more about your experience. You never know, we MILs might pick up a few tips we could apply to our own young people!

Susan

Posted by J B Whittlespoon on 2015-12-15 16:09:28

I do have to compliment you on your time and effort to correct and discipline your daughter-in-law which appears she was not under control. Seems you did great raising your daughter and this girl is getting your expertise later in life so does take time to get her behaving like she should. many would not give the effort you and your husband are so you will be making her better thanks to your time.

JB