Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Showering in front of other guys

showing with other males

Posted by y4b7 on 2003-06-16 19:39:29

I do not place myself in situations where I'll be showering with anyone else. No self-respecting, civillized person would.

Posted by nick walsh on 2003-06-18 04:36:27

========== In Reply To ========== I do not place myself in situations where I'll be showering with anyone else. No self-respecting, civillized person would. ........................................ If you are a boy it is hard not to be put into that situation. Even if you don't play sports, PE is a required course and showering after is a good alternative to smelling bad after. I don't want to sound insulting, but if you work out you aren't being civillized or self respecting if you don't take care of your body.

Posted by A.J. H on 2003-06-27 11:04:03

I don't mind showering with other guys. I'm straight, but I just see us as the same. We're all boys, or young men since we're 16, and we've not got anything we've not seen before.

========== In Reply To ========== I do not place myself in situations where I'll be showering with anyone else. No self-respecting, civillized person would.

Posted by y4b7 on 2004-03-09 19:46:34

========== In Reply To ========== I don't mind showering with other guys. I'm straight, but I just see us as the same. We're all boys, or young men since we're 16, and we've not got anything we've not seen before.

So what that you're all males? That has nothing to do with anything! Your assertion is problematic because it erroneously presumes that all males are cut from the same mold. You clearly have a one-size-fits-all mentality. Just because YOU are o.k. with public nudity doesn't necessarily mean other males (or ANYONE else, for that matter) is too. But you're oblivious to that universal truth.

And furthermore, nobody really sees other people as the same. People are always comparing themselves to other people & trying to compete with them (usually in ways which are mentally unhealthy, divisive, & ultimately, counterproductive).

Posted by y4b7 on 2004-03-09 19:54:14

========== In Reply To ========== It wasn't hard for me to avoid taking showers after gym class. Most of the other boys never took showers either. And not one the gym teachers ever said anything about it.